Goodwill of the Great Plains is looking for a part-time truck driver to transport donated merchandise to and from our Administrative Office in Sioux City, Iowa to the rest of our Goodwill region in northeast Nebraska, Southwest Minnesota, Northwest and North Central Iowa and the State of South Dakota.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily inspection of vehicle and trailer prior to use
- Loading and unloading trucks using pallet jack, hand truck, forklift, or by hand.
- Must comply with all local, state, and federal transportations guidelines
- Complete all necessary paperwork and complies with all policies and procedures
- Other such duties as may be required or assigned by supervisory staff
- High school graduate/GED, certification of tractor-trailer truck driving school
- Minimum of two years’ experience driving tractor-trailer trucks preferred but not required
- Must possess Class A commercial drivers license
Working as a Truck Driver for Goodwill of the Great Plains also allows you the opportunity to be home with your family nearly every night. Because you will also be responsible to unload trucks, there is a requirement that you area able to lift 50 pounds maximum and 25 pounds frequently.
You are eligible for a Birthday day off and paid holidays upon hire among many other amazing benefits. While the wages are competitive and the benefits are great, it's Goodwill's mission to turn donated goods into training and education for persons with barriers that is really at the heart of all we do. Come apply at Goodwill where every day.
EOE- Goodwill of the Great Plains provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.