Join the future of food!
At our company we strive for continuous improvement, not only in our processes, but in our people. High quality employees allow us to remain on the leading edge of innovation. With you, we make things better!
The technician will assist with all mechanical and electrical testing functions that pertain to the implementation and support of equipment and process changes for the company. This position will also coordinate activities for others, including installations, maintenance, and equipment repair.
- Assist with projects and tasks associated with the installation of new test systems. Assist with implementation of equipment and instrumentation related to the projects assigned.
- Assist with mechanical and process observation, fact finding, communication of results, and recommend improvements or alterations.
- Repair, service, adjust, and test equipment and production equipment such as air systems, electrical wiring, electrical assemblies, and hardware.
- Assemble and disassemble equipment effectively and efficiently while maintaining high maintenance and safety standards. Assemble wires and electrical components as well as install electrical assemblies and hardware.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with other employees to improve execution of tasks. As experience is gained, share information to enhance the skills of others.
- Will utilize both hand and power tools effectively while maintaining high maintenance and safety standards.
- May operate forklifts, hoists, and other heavy equipment.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read drawings, schematic diagrams, and electrical code.
- Above average electrical and electronic experience.
- Reasonable mechanical experience in servicing precision machine parts.
- General knowledge of computers and software is preferred.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees as necessary, both in verbal and written form.
- Strong analytical and evaluative skills to troubleshoot various precision equipment.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 60lbs.
- This position requires walking, standing, twisting, reaching, bending, climbing, and lifting.
Experience:1year or more of related electrical and mechanical work experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
Education: HighSchool diploma, an equivalent, or verifiable ability to perform essential job functions. 2-year vocational school in electrical mechanical related field or equivalent is preferred.
Reports to (if applicable):
Our company is known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The company prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required.