Distribution Center Technician
Join the future of food!
At our company we strive for continuous improvement, not only in our processes, but in our people. High quality employees allow us to remain on the leading edge of innovation. With you, we make things better!
- Follow best practice procedures for maintenance and upkeep on all operational and control Systems, machinery, equipment, and facility. Responsible for equipment and system repair.
- Able to quickly troubleshoot, repair, service, adjust, or test equipment such as: Conveyor systems, palletizing systems, crane systems, operating systems, material handling equipment, control devices, support systems, utility systems, hand-held or HMI systems, and safety systems. Quick and appropriate repairs.
- Promptly communicates during downtime events to secure the right resources for effective and appropriate solutions.
- Able to perform detailed inspection(s) of equipment effectively while maintaining high maintenance, electrical and safety standards.
- Take on leadership role with repair and upgrade projects: Ability to jump in and help get tasks completed.
- Share and communicate key learning in a manner that will help grow technical capability of others. Completes thoughtful and deliberate technical skills improvement in others.
- Anticipate and communicate issues promptly, accurately and effectively. Recommends appropriate solutions. There when needed – not just when called.
- Preserve and enhance procedures, programs and processes put into place by company. Recognizes and communicates deficiencies.
- Use knowledge and experience with all systems to enhance facility conditions and product quality.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in written form.
- Self-motivated to leverage available resources and improve technical competence.
- General computer knowledge/proficiency.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematic diagrams and electrical codes.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred or verifiable ability to perform essential functions.
- Two-year vocational school or equivalent on the job experience preferred.
- Position requires strong analytical and evaluating skills to report on and troubleshoot various precision equipment.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 60lbs.
- This position requires sitting, standing, walking, climbing, twisting, reaching, bending, and lifting.
- Compliance with all safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Must be flexible to work any hours and any shift.
- Must have punctual and reliable attendance.
To learn more about this opportunity visit www.empiricalfoods.com or call (605) 217-8000.
Our company is known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The company prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required