Center of Plate Specialist
Join the future of food!
At our company we strive for continuous improvement, not only in our processes, but in our people. High quality employees allow us to remain on the leading edge of innovation. With you, we make things better!
This Center of Plate Specialist will work directly with customers and sales representatives to provide detailed meat information and training, provide knowledge on how to maximize product yields, improve production utilization, and assist in improving and reducing product issues. Will also be involved in Research and Development (R&D) testing of various raw materials which will involve testing, pilot runs, and the evaluation and results of the R&D testing. Position must use discretion and independent judgment to be successful in this role.
- Assist in opening new markets by scheduling meetings and working with distributors and their upper management personnel.
- Collaborate with sales representatives on product issues that occur in the field and help resolve issues.
- Participate in the setup of major food shows scheduling, coordinating, and completing the appropriate paperwork. Ensure proper upkeep and availability of all company supplies and equipment.
- Manage major cuttings with various industries such as cruise lines, casinos, and casual dining customers. Ability to show how to optimize yield and explain details of our products.
- Manage existing accounts for assigned markets. Work closely with internal management team to meet goals and expectations set by owners of company.
- Assist with R&D cuttings by cooking products and projecting product yields. Will be involved in the evaluation and results of the R&D testing.
- Develop and provide internal instructional courses on topics such as cutting, cooking, and cuts of meat.
- Assists in new product development.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- General computer knowledge and proficiency.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Accuracy, organization, and attention to detail required.
- Ability to adapt to conflicting deadlines and priorities established by company demands.
- Excellent planning, organization, leadership, presentation, decision making, and analytical skills.
- Strong English and communication skills, including speaking and writing clearly and effectively.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees as necessary, both in verbal and written form.
- Work to the highest professional standards and represent the company in an exemplary manner.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
- Required to travel for extended periods of time.
- Nationwide and international travel required.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years in a Research and Development role or previous experience in meat related field is preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related discipline such as Animal or Meat Science or from four-year College or University is preferred.
Reports to (if applicable): Senior Center of Plate Specialist
Our company is known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The company prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required.