Join the future of food!
At our company we strive for continuous improvement, not only in our processes, but in our people. High quality employees allow us to remain on the leading edge of innovation. With you, we make things better!
- Development and maintenance of PLC programs. Plan, develop and implement new and existing programs. Perform programming required to ensure effective and efficient control systems. Will be required to perform on-the-fly programming when required by management.
- Review PLC project requirements and specifications to meet functionality and design needs. Will determine tasks and timelines to meet project timelines.
- Investigate and bring forward to management changes for improving control systems. Continuously improve PLC programs for optimized productivity.
- Verify and validate work to ensure completed project meets expected specifications and results. Will see project through to system implementation and manage system go forward.
- Will assist in the startup and implementation of automated control systems. Work as team with members of other departments such as engineering, networking, systems engineering to ensure successful project completion.
- Will communicate and resolve programming or application interface issues which may require engaging other team members.
- Develop and maintain documentation and procedures. Assist with the development of control panels.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 year technical degree preferred in a related area such as a SCADA or Electrical Mechanical program preferred.
- 3 + years’ experience in PLC programming within a related field preferred. Other experience includes EcoStruxure Control Expert. Converting Modicon Quantum IO platform to Modicon M580 platform. Creating PLC programs in which SCADA and SQL systems integrate with.
- Develop programs that allow technical users to manage, troubleshoot and diagnose multiple remote IO coaxial and Ethernet drops within a single PLC topology.
- Proficient with computer systems. Proficient in IEC programming standards such as ladder logic, function block diagrams, structured text. IFIX experience a plus.
- Verifiable experience with robotic and motion controller programming.
- Good mechanical background, experience with motors, compressors, pumps and valves.
- Understanding of motor starter circuits, tuning closed loop PID controllers and auto/manual soft controls.
- Strong analytical skills, technical writing.
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees in written or verbal form.
- Responsive to after-hours support. Duties may require occasional travel.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
Our company is known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The company prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required.