Medical Assistant - Clinical Research Coordinator
Meridian is an elite research organization seeking people who want to provide quality, compassionate care to patients while helping research promising new medicines. Self-motivated, highly organized and being able to manage multiple projects are essential characteristics for this role. Training will be provided for those who are new to clinical research.
- Responsible for identification, administration of, and reconciliation of IP. Initiates and supervises returns/destruction of IP, and associated responsibilities/duties. Demonstrates/maintains correct documentation, and record keeping.
- Maintenance of un-blinded Binder to ensure the timely inclusion of updated documents therein filed properly within the Binder.
- Responsible for understanding the correct process flow, clinical administration, and documentation required for un-blinded studies as defined by individual protocols as well as the administrations of product.
- Assists with un blinded studies as a second verifier.
- Assists with clarifying, peer reviewing clinical information; and entry of correct data into EDC systems.
- Responsible, as part of the team, for Peer Reviews of clinical data
- Professionally and effectively communicates with monitors, and other regulatory personnel as requested by the Site Director.
- Duties as assigned by Site Manager.
- Provides Site Coordinator with specific study/audit information pertinent to the success of study projects.
- Enters, clarifies, and verifies patient information correctly into specific EDC systems.
- Answers phones in a professional manner.
- Gives clear and positive directions to site staff as necessary, and as directed by the Site Manager.
- Communicates general trends in data and practice to the Site Coordinator
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Attends meetings as directed by the Site Manager.
- Oversees IP data collection, records, and reconciliation/destruction of data
- Vaccination experience
- Medical Assistant (MA) experience preferred
- Strong time management skills to complete all deliverables within required timelines.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to details.
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to manage and prioritize numerous tasks and projects.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Outgoing personality and organizational skills.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Embrace Meridian’s core values: “All In, Own It, Teamwork, Share It”
- Occasional travel may be required in this position (less than 2 weeks per year)
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
Meridian not only strives to move science forward and improve the lives of others, but we focus on improving the lives of our people by offering a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees. Meridian's benefits package includes eligibility for medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401k with company match, six paid holidays, paid time off, complimentary life insurance, disability insurance and so much more!