Financial Operations & Office Manager
Full-Time Salaried Position
Summary: The Financial Operations & Office Manager is responsible for providing leadership, organization, management and vision necessary to ensure that United Way of Siouxland has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, information technology infrastructure, and people systems in place to effectively meet the strategic mission and objectives of the organization. The individual collaborates with the President to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency in support of the needs and programs in the communities we serve.
Direct reports include Administrative Assistant & Partner Firm which executes pledge processing, accounting & IT functions of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly oversee and execute critical office functions with a focus on finance and administrative operations.
- Proactively manage relationship, communications & workflow through accounting, pledge processing & IT services provider.
- Collaborate with the President to design, develop and implement business strategies, plans and procedures that align short and long-term objectives with organizational vision and operational strategy.
- Identify areas for process improvement and enhancement. Ensure internal controls and systems are adequately designed and operating effectively.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the organization.
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with key customers, clients, partners, and stakeholders.
- Bachelor Degree with business and or bookkeeping or accounting emphasis preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Experience managing finance, bookkeeping, & office operations.
- Experience developing budgets and oversee purchases to monitor that annual expenditures adhere to annual budget.
- A collaborative and flexible operating style.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- An understanding of or experience with nonprofit organizations.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports & documents; respond promptly and effectively to inquiries.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of benefits management & payroll including vacation/sick leave, health insurance, retirement plan and employment recordkeeping skills.
- Working knowledge of accounting and development software products a plus with the aptitude to learn new systems.
- Proactive and well organized.
- Ability to research and develop suggestions to ensure that all policies comply with state and federal regulations.
- Personal values consistent with United Way mission.
- Demonstrate integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and accountability for actions, keeping commitments, and honesty.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn new things and rethink the norm to improve the organization as a whole & donor experience with United Way.
- Demonstrate quality assurance by producing accurate and thorough work.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills and valuing the diversity of others’ opinions and experiences.
- Demonstrate sound reasoning and good common sense.
- Demonstrate the ability to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Demonstrate active participation achieving the mission of the organization.
- This job description is intended to convey the essential functions of this position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
- Health Insurance
- 401K Matching Program
- Generous Vacation Package
- Cafeteria Plan
- Life Insurance
- Flexible, Family Friendly Working Environment
Office Location: 701 Steuben Street Sioux City, IA 51101
Interested candidates should provide resume with cover letter and desired salary range to:
Heather Hennings via email with Subject Line: RESUME to email@example.com
Or Deliver to United Way of Siouxland
701 Steuben Street
Sioux City, IA 51101
United Way of Siouxland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.