Unit Specialist - Adolescent Program
Apply today at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/ROS1002RHN/JobBoard/389ddb2f-d29b-4181-966c-d25f81a974db/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=cc213a4a-59d3-4aff-8b4c-fc23bcc8f636 or visit us at https://rosecrance.org/careers about our other opportunities.
This is an entry level clinical position working in the addiction field. Directly supervise addicted clients. Provide continuity of program services in an ethical, legal and moral manner within a safe and therapeutic environment, consistent with applicable regulatory and accreditation standards. Provide direct counseling services including individual, case management, group and lecture activities on a daily basis. Participate as a team member in the delivery of addictions treatment services to clients and their families and to facilitate the issues of recovery into their daily living situations. This position is a great way to gain experience in the substance abuse field with an opportunity for continuing education by obtaining the Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor certificate (CADC).
- High School diploma or GED
- One year of addiction treatment experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (preferred)
- Valid driver’s license
- Skilled in behavioral management techniques
- Ability to coordinate and present lectures for patients, parents and community resources
- A passion to be a part of a mission driven organization
- A teamwork approach
- A desire to make a difference in people’s lives
- Work hours prescribed by the Supervisor and any additional hours deemed necessary for the responsibilities assigned.
- Serve as a role model for other staff, patients and customers and demonstrate positive guest relations in representing Rosecrance.
- Supervise and manage the behavior of the clients and provide appropriate behavioral interventions and consequences.
- Coordinate and supervise patient recreational activities.
- Monitor assigned patients by consulting with the primary counselor in developing and implementing the individual treatment plan and scheduling individual sessions to assist the patients with AA step work and treatment plan objectives.
- Ensure that patient service records are maintained consistent with required rules and regulations.
- Develop and present all patient lectures listed on the clients lecture schedule.
- Observe, monitor and record group dynamics.
- Facilitate focal group discussion sessions.
- Consult with the members of the treatment team and plan daily therapeutic direction for designated shift.
- Read all logs and obtain pertinent information from staff of previous shifts, counselors, teachers, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Based on education, experience and credentials
- Starting pay HS/GED - $15.43/hr
- Starting pay Associates - $16.37/hr
- Starting pay Bachelors - $17.25/hr
- Additional $.50/hr with CADC certification
- Health insurance with multiple plan options to meet your needs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account with company contribution
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match and discretionary employer contribution
- Group Life Insurance including LTD and AD&D
- Tuition assistance (qualifications apply)
- Licensure/certification reimbursement (qualifications apply)
- Paid Time Off
- Referral program
- Wellness plan
Schedule: 40 hours weekly (4/10 hour days)
- Friday - Monday, 1:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Work Location: Rosecrance Jackson Recovery Centers – Sioux City, IA
Rosecrance is an equal opportunity employer.
EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf