Are you looking for a job where you can make a difference in the lives of other every day?
While most people only know us for a convenient donation centers and affordable thrift stores, we are so much more. Reselling the gently used items your community donates, Goodwill not only prevents millions of pounds of goods from entering the landfill but the proceeds from each sale helps to create jobs and training programs that help people develop their skills.
As a Skills Trainer, you will work closely with our Vocational Services program participants, coaching, supporting and guiding them with their specific worksite duties. With your support, program participants can be successful in competitive employment.
Working for Goodwill of the Great Plains you enter a fun and caring organization that touches many lives. No matter where you work in our organization, our entire team plays a role in delivering our mission, working alongside, and helping encourage those with barriers to grow.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides orientation for new program participants
- Provides support to program participants who have received instructions regarding tasks specific to their assigned work area
- Intervenes and instructs program participants at their work site
- Collects, interprets, and documents behavioral data and monitors participant progress toward achievement of program goals
- Implements behaviors, employment and daily living skills programs with participants, utilizing one-one-one on-the-job instruction, demonstrating coaching, experiential learning techniques and when appropriate, structured workshops or classroom training
- High school diploma/GED required, some college-level work in related field preferred
- Minimum of two years work experience preferred; experience working with persons with disabilities a plus
- Clean criminal and dependent adult abuse background check
- Must have reliable personal transportation, valid drivers license, and proof of personal vehicle insurance
- Must have working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must be able to achieve certification in mandatory reporting, CPR, and first aid
You are eligible for a Personal Day, Birthday Day Off, 6 Paid Holidays upon hire with eligibility for health and dental insurance after 60 days. While the benefits are great, Goodwill’s mission is really at the heart of all we do. When you join the Goodwill team you are not just joining the company, you are becoming part of our family. Apply today to become a part of something great!
EOE- Goodwill of the Great Plains provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.