DRO: Mass Care Sheltering Service Associate (Volunteer)
- Sheltering Service Associate is to serve as a member of a temporary work unit on a disaster relief operation to successfully complete their assigned areas of responsibility on a disaster relief operation. They ensure safe sheltering at a single shelter throughout the cycle of the disaster.
• Serve as a shelter worker on a disaster relief operation. Roles may include working in reception, registration, feeding, dormitory, information, or other areas within a shelter.
• Meeting disaster-caused sheltering needs of individuals, families, and communities.
• Providing services with kindness and compassion that are accessible and equitable to all clients.
• Maintaining clear communication and collaboration with supervisor and peers.
• Ensuring accuracy in all assigned tasks.
• Providing accurate reporting of sheltering activity as assigned.