Disaster Action Team (DAT) Duty Officer (Volunteer Position)
- This Virtual Volunteer Assignment ensures timely activation and monitoring of local and regional DAT responses as well as supports the DAT program at the chapter/territory or region level.
- May determine if Red Cross action is required; may decide if Red Cross will respond via DAT.
- Uses event triggers such as size, scope, and type of the event to direct the DAT response.
- Works with on-scene DAT leadership to support the response and provide technical guidance.
- Support and trains new Duty Officers.
- Dispatch DAT members and monitor the response to ensure appropriate resources are made available.
- Activate Disaster Health Services, Disaster Mental Health, and Disaster Spiritual Care, Public Affairs when requested.
- Documents incoming disaster notification and creates & verifies events in RC View, when applicable.
- May be required to monitor activity across multiple DAT responses.
- Notify Chapter and Regional staff of significant events, and contribute to an Initial Incident Report, when appropriate.
- Attends regularly scheduled team/DAT meetings as required by Chapter/Region.
G/A/P of RES/DAT/SA or above and
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to mission of the American Red Cross.
- Ability to remotely monitor and track details of DAT responses
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in complex and stressful situations.
- Proficient with Red Cross systems and online interfaces.
- Sit and/or stand for minimum two hour periods.
- Work for long periods on computer.
- Speak clearly on the phone and in person.