Direct Support Provider
Are you looking for a job where you can make a difference in the lives of others every day?
While most people only know us for our convenient donation centers and affordable thrift stores, we are so much more. Reselling the gently used items your community donates, Goodwill not only prevents millions of pounds of goods from entering the landfill but the proceeds from each sale helps to create jobs and training programs that help people develop their skills.
As a Direct Support Provider, you will work in a rewarding and engaging atmosphere caring and assisting our program participants. There is plenty of variety to be had, from carrying out behavior management techniques to supporting program participants as they strive to achieve designated goals and objectives to providing onsite mentoring in a job setting to help program participants maintain productive work.
Working for Goodwill of the Great Plains you enter a fun and caring organization that touches many lives. No matter where you work in our organization, our entire team plays a role in delivering our mission, working alongside, and helping encourage those with barriers to grow.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide self-care training and therapeutic treatment of designated program participants
- Monitors and supervises assigned designated program participants
- Administers medications as directed by the physician
- Attends to routine health care needs under supervision of immediate supervisor and/or medical personnel
- Supports participants by reinforcing positive behaviors and appropriate social interaction
- Carries out behavior management techniques as instructed by the program plans
- Carries out participant activities as scheduled and on an as needed basis
- High school graduate/GED required. Verification of diploma or certification required
- Minimum of one year previous work experience, preferably in a human service setting
- Ability to read, write legibly, and communicate the English language in order to communicate with ADS participants as well as others with whom the participant has regular contact
- Must have a valid drivers license and proof of personal vehicle insurance
- Must have acceptable criminal background, child abuse, and dependent adult abuse checks
- Must have been able to pass post-offer physical examination
- Must have ability to become certified in CPR, First-Aid, and Mandatory Reporting for Child and Dependent Adult Abuse
- Must be able to pass company-paid Medication Manager class
You are eligible for a Personal Day, Birthday Day Off, 6 Paid Holidays upon hire with eligibility for health and dental insurance after 60 days. While the benefits are great, Goodwill’s mission is really at the heart of all we do. When you join the Goodwill team you are not just joining the company, you are becoming part of our family. Apply today to become a part of something great!
EOE- Goodwill of the Great Plains provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.