Center For Siouxland is currently seeking a Case Manager
Are you looking for a position that will make a difference in the lives of others? Center For Siouxland is a local nonprofit with a mission of helping people, empowering lives, and building futures. Social Security Administration has authorized Center For Siouxland to serve as Representative Payee for many beneficiaries. This position is responsible for securing, managing, and maintaining Social Security benefits; collaborating with community services, medical professionals, and family members; providing ongoing financial counseling; and shielding clients from abuse and exploitation.
- Serve as a liaison to Social Security Administration to monitor and maintain clients’ eligibility for benefits.
- Coordinate with clients’ mental health providers to develop information and documentation regarding changes in clients’ situations that may impact eligibility
- Maintain a rigorous organizational system to track all reporting activities and outstanding issues
- Frequently complete time sensitive reports required to maintain eligibility for programs
- Develop an expertise in the area of Supplemental Security Income and Social Security Disability Income eligibility and other related benefits (Medicaid, Medicare, Dept. of Human Services, Section 8, etc.)
- Ability to develop and maintain a workable budget for clients
- Accurately assess bills and request for funds, based on an individual’s current financial status
- Support the mission and functions of Center For Siouxland
- Provide crisis intervention for clients when necessary
Experience/Education: Degree in Human Services Field
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills including ability to juggle multiple projects and set priorities to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse populations, as well as superior written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and solve problems
- Experience working with populations with mental illness
- Computer literate and working knowledge of Microsoft products and the ability to learn specialized databases and software systems.
- Commitment to providing services in an atmosphere of dignity and respect
- Must be a team player, willing to assist at all levels of the organization
Salary: $30,000 to $32,000/year
Please submit resume and cover letter to: Center For Siouxland, 715 Douglas Street, Sioux City, 51101 Attention: Executive Director, Jonette Spurlock or email firstname.lastname@example.org