Assistant Director of Men's Ministry
“To feed the hungry; To clothe the poor; To shelter the homeless; To lead them to Christ.”
The position is an hourly paid position.
Must be willing to sign The Gospel Mission Statement of Faith and Marriage and Sexuality Statement, and be a current member or regular attendee of a local Bible-teaching church.
Reports directly to the Director of Men’s Ministry.
Must be able to deal with people in a variety of circumstances.
Must be willing to uphold the standards and guidelines of The Gospel Mission.
Summary: Responsible for all aspects of the guest area (dayroom, dorm, mini dorm, laundry, dorm restroom, office), discipleship program supervision, safety compliance, complete oversight of the operation. Clear verbal and written skills are essential when dealing with guests, staff and other outside sources.
Common Daily Duties
- Treat all guests with dignity and respect while being sensitive to diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Share the Gospel when appropriate with guests and discipleship program guests.
- Inform and enforce guidelines and policies of the shelter and dorm.
- Resolve conflicts with a calm and peaceful attitude to the extent possible.
- Ensure that front desk operations and guest services functions are run efficiently and effectively.
- Answer phones in a professional manner.
- Conduct intakes and complete associated paperwork.
- Giving alcohol breath test to every guest prior to chapel service. Every day and at other times if consumption of alcohol is suspected. Administer alcohol breath test also to discipleship program guests and staff that live on-site every time they return to campus. Giving alcohol breath test to community as they enter the building.
- Supervise all guest activities during your shift.
- Supervise discipleship program guests working desk and security.
- Provide guests access to their medication prescription bags at designated time(s).
- At lights out verify guests on bed list are in dorm.
- Maintain a suspension of services log and file.
- Maintain a daily log of events during your shift.
- Maintain client information data.
- Maintain statistical reports.
- Maintain the bed sign-up sheet and check the bed sign up sheet for accuracy at lights out.
- Review chore roster and that all chores are completed.
- Life Management of Discipleship guests to help them with transitional plans.
- Check State and National Sex Offender Registry on all new guests and monthly on all other guests.
- Cooperate with law enforcement agencies as required.
- Monitor all safety and fire hazards in the building.
- Maintains a daily list of any emergency services, police, fire, medical, etc.
- Following building security procedures.
- Ensure rounds of the entire building performed once each hour before lights out. Check for leaks; needed repairs; security breaches; noise level – TVs, radios, etc. are at an appropriate level.
- Submit building and janitorial requests as needed.
- Check each window and entrance/exit door and office doors, making sure they are secured and locked.
- Keep the office clean and orderly.
- Ensure that dayroom, dorm, mini-dorm, restroom and grounds are kept clean.
Physical demands/work environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Works in office area as well as throughout the facility. Sits, stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during working hours. Interacts with guests, staff, visitors, etc., under all conditions/circumstances. May be subject to hostile and emotionally upset guests or visitors, etc. under all conditions/circumstances.
Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Attend biweekly staff meetings.