Addiction Counselor - Adult Outpatient Satellite North
Apply today at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/ROS1002RHN/JobBoard/389ddb2f-d29b-4181-966c-d25f81a974db/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=747e3b5a-83af-47c1-bd6d-f93166dd56ee or visit us at https://rosecrance.org/careers about our other opportunities.
This full time position will provide continuity of program services in an ethical, legal and moral manner within a safe and therapeutic environment, consistent with applicable regulatory and accreditation standards. Participate as a member of a dedicated, caring team in the delivery of addictions treatment services to clients and their families and facilitate the issues of recovery into their daily living situations.
We are seeking an addiction counselor to work in our adult outpatient program in Spencer, Iowa. This position works as a member of the adult outpatient team and has a passion for helping others obtain recovery.
This position qualifies for HRSA's Substance Use Disorder Treatment and Recovery (STAR) Program!
- Bachelor's Degree in counseling, psychology, or related field (Master's degree second level license required for Therapist title)
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (tCADC/CADC).
- Demonstrated education, training or experience with evidenced based practices
- Adequate written skills to accurately complete required documentation within the time frames prescribed
- Practical Understanding of substance use disorders and symptoms in the DSM 5
- Familiar with conducting clinical assessments, individual, family and group counseling
- Desire to work with Adults in a residential team oriented substance abuse setting
- Ability to learn and work independently to complete documentation in automated software system
- Ability to present and coordinate lectures for clients, parents, staff or community resources
1. Work hours prescribed by the Supervisor and any additional hours deemed necessary for the responsibilities assigned.
2. Undertake primary case management responsibilities for designated clients.
3. Conduct individual, group, and family counseling and educational sessions for clients and/or family members.
4. Ensure that client service records are maintained consistent with rules and regulations.
5. Maintain communications with all staff (e.g. admissions, therapeutic passes, and discharge plans).
6. Present workshops, lectures and training to clients, families, employees and community groups.
7. Be familiar with court proceedings and available to make court appearances on behalf of Rosecrance clients.
8. Serve as a member of the outpatient clinical team and participate in all team meetings and activities.
9. Exercise confidentiality in keeping with the Code of Conduct and with the framework of the law.
10. Deliver exceptional customer service consistently to every customer.
11. Serve as a role model for other staff, clients, and customers and demonstrate positive guest relations in representing Rosecrance.
12. Assume other related responsibilities as delegated and assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Based on education, experience and credentials
- Starting rate for Bachelors - $21.11/hour
- Starting rate for Masters - $24.44/hour
- Additional $.50/hour with CADC certification
- Health insurance with multiple options to meet your needs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account with company contribution
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match and discretionary employer contribution
- Group life Insurance including LTD and AD&D
- Tuition assistance (qualifications apply)
- Licensure/certification reimbursement (qualifications apply)
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Wellness plan
- Certain facilities offering on-site gym
Schedule: Four,10-hour shifts
- Tuesday through Friday
Work Location: Rosecrance Jackson Centers – Spencer, IA
Rosecrance is an equal opportunity employer.
EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf