Corporate Events Planner
Are we your type?
We’re that tiny tech startup…that made it and keeps getting better and bigger. After 25 years, Sterling has evolved from a value-added computer-hardware reseller to a full-scale IT-solutions provider (“Client to Cloud,” we say), with brand-name manufacturer-partners like Dell Technologies, Cisco, HPE, Red Hat, and VMware; top-tier clients; and multimillion-dollar tech projects. We’re a place where you can make your mark and advance — because the ceiling hasn’t been set yet.
We currently have openings at our new 83,000-square-foot headquarters in North Sioux City, South Dakota (great sunsets, low traffic, reasonable housing, no state income taxes), or one of our eight other U.S. locations. Sterling is growing at a rate of 26% annually and has several openings — for passionate salespeople, brilliant software engineers, squared-away project managers, detail-loving admin, and more. https://sterling.com/career-opportunities/ for more info.
Title: Corporate Event Planner
Reports to: Sr. Director of Marketing
Job Description: The Corporate Event Planner execute multiple first-class events on a yearly basis. This position will be responsible for facilitating the event planning process with superior customer service skills, a high level of professionalism, and willingness to handle all planning and administrative details of the events. In addition to event planning, this position will assist the marketing department by carrying out additional coordinating tasks to help the department meet or exceed their yearly goals.
Required Education/Experience: BA/BS degree in marketing, communications, or hospitality and at least 3 years of experience in corporate event planning.
Corporate Event Planner and Marketing Associate Key Roles:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple and changing priorities while maintaining a strong focus on execution and results
- Handling multiple complex projects simultaneously under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with an ability to communicate at all levels of an organization both internally and externally
- Creative ability to think outside the box
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality
- Great organizational, communication, time management, planning and learning skills
Primary Responsibilities: Corporate Event Planning
- Plan and execute all tradeshows, happy hours, partner events, and Sterling’s National Sales Meeting
- Creating and managing timelines and budgets
- Using web and excel to build registrations, track attendees, and pull reports
- Managing contracts for venues and sourcing unique spaces
- Building and developing the pre- and post-event communications
- Working closely with our internal technology events team on audio/visual needs
- Overseeing on-site management of venue and any outside vendors
- Developing Food and Beverage experiences and menu selections
- Coordinating ground transportation for large groups
- Reviewing invoices for accuracy and processing payments
- Manage the ordering and selection of promotional items
- Handle shipping, and other logistics for tradeshows and events
- Compile and mail marketing materials to sales managers, customers, and reps
- Work in marketing systems and programs such as Salesforce, MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite
Sterling Computers is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristics protected under federal, state or applicable local law.