Water Treatment Operator
Join the future of food!
At our company we strive for continuous improvement, not only in our processes, but in our people. High quality employees allow us to remain on the leading edge of innovation. With you, we make things better!
Operate many pieces of large industrial treatment equipment used in the operation of the facility. Each Water Treatment Operator will be assigned and trained in the operation of one or more pieces of equipment. This position will monitor and control the operation of equipment. Communicate to plant management of any issues during production, assist in teardown, cleaning, and rebuilding of equipment, ensuring timely and efficient start-up.
- Responsible for monitoring and controlling the operation of treatment equipment, machines, and processes that are required to meet production and sanitation requirements. Ensure that equipment is performing at optimal levels and in accordance with all safety and quality assurance standards.
- Immediately communicate to plant management of any issues during production or the teardown, cleaning, and rebuilding of treatment equipment.
- Maintain and repair equipment and sampling devices. Assist in teardown, cleaning, and rebuilding of equipment. Responsible for efficient and timely startup of equipment. Required to maintain production schedules. Maintain high quality and safety standards. Set up equipment properly for production. Clean tanks and filter beds by backwashing.
- Perform detailed monitoring of equipment displays to ensure the equipment is properly operating and process the material as required, providing a quality finished product. Immediately notify management or correct any problems.
- During service, regulate flow of raw water into treatment plant by operating and controlling electric pumps, motors, and valves.
- Dump specified amounts of chemicals into water or adjust automatic devices to allow for specified amounts of chemical to disinfect. Start agitators to decant materials. Add acid into tank to enhance separation of oil and water.
- Test water samples to determine acidity, color, and impurities, using centrifuges, PH meters, and visual inspection. Record data and create diagrams of decanting and separation results.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Basic math skills.
- General knowledge of computers and software is preferred.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees as necessary, both in written and verbal form.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Good observation skills with the ability to troubleshoot problems.
- Effectively collect, analyze, and interpret data.
- Self-directed and the ability to work independently as well as with others.
- Willing and able to ask questions with unfamiliar tasks.
- Required to accurately communicate issues and effectively work with other departments to solve problems and complete tasks.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 60lbs.
- This position requires walking, standing, twisting, reaching, bending, climbing, and lifting.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, including weekends.
Experience: Minimumof 1 year of plant production experience or equivalent is preferred.
Education: HighSchool diploma, an equivalent, or verifiable ability to perform essential job functions.
Reports to (if applicable):
Our company is known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The company prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required.