Join the future of food!
At our company we strive for continuous improvement, not only in our processes, but in our people. High quality employees allow us to remain on the leading edge of innovation. With you, we make things better!
The Warehouse Coordinator supports daily activities of materials, movement, handling, receiving, loading, unloading, transporting, stacking, shipping, and filling of production orders as well as maintaining inventory. Support empirical’s research and development activities through a hands-on approach for machine development, where machinery is often built, modified, scrapped, re-designed, re-built, and re-modified as part of a continual process of change based on the specific goals and challenges associated with any one project. Require warehouse personnel to be responsible for the receiving, tracking, and issuing of parts during this development process.
- Receive, stock, and distribute materials, tools, and equipment appropriately in warehouse. Will inspect, weigh, record, or count items received.
- Process authorized production order requests, shipping and receiving orders, moving items between locations and around warehouse as required, and recording, documenting, and processing of all related paperwork.
- Sort and move materials or items on shelves, in bins, or to the floor, complying with all company and safety standards.
- Drive a vehicle, forklift, or use various other types of material handling machinery as authorized to move, pickup, or place items in and out of warehouse.
- Will package and prepare items for shipping. Will prepare paperwork and properly mark or label packages, as required.
- Responsible for maintaining the physical condition of warehouse and equipment. Notify management of any needed repairs or equipment replacement.
- Must comply with all safety and sanitation guidelines, which may include, but not limited to, storing of chemicals and the use of machinery and equipment.
- Will pull orders for supplies needed by various departments in plant on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Responsible for inventory of warehouse supplies such as office, janitorial, and tools.
- Identification of parts in need of repair or replacement and creating proper paperwork to ship or repair.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Good mechanical knowledge.
- Familiar with industrial equipment, parts, and inventory control.
- General computer knowledge and efficiency.
- Experience with inventory control systems is preferred.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees as necessary, both in verbal and written form.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 60lbs.
- This position requires walking, standing, twisting, reaching, bending, climbing, and lifting.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, including weekends.
- Must maintain a valid, unexpired driver’s license, pass a motor vehicle record check, and always remain insurable through the company insurance program.
- May also be required to become DOT certified and pass a DOT certification physical.
- Must be able to become and maintain forklift certification.
Experience: Previouswarehouse or inventory control experience is preferred - including operation of a forklift and pallet jack. Prior shipping and receiving experience is preferred.
Education: HighSchool diploma, an equivalent, or verifiable ability to perform essential job functions.
Reports to (if applicable):
Our company is known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The company prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required.