Join the future of food!
At our company we strive for continuous improvement, not only in our processes, but in our people. High quality employees allow us to remain on the leading edge of innovation. With you, we make things better!
- Handle and track freight cargo claims. Be the liaison between trucking companies and empirical.
- Monitor and track pallet program.Order pallets from approved vendors, track inventory counts and coordinate pallet pickups.
- Work directly with truck lines on all accessorial charges associated with shipment.
- Track leased trailer pool.
- Review freight confirmations to ensure accuracy.
- Work with accounting on freight payment discrepancies.
- Assist inbound and outbound traffic planners as needed.
- Provide back-up for traffic planners.
- Perform a variety of clerical and administrative tasks to support the logistics and transportation department. Tasks may include but are not limited to scanning, filing and data entry.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- General accounting, understanding of logistics and transportation, strong attention to detail to perform audits, adaptable to change, ability to work independently and be self directed.Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change.Proficient and accurate data entry skills.
- General computer knowledge and proficiency.Proficient with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of employee, customers, suppliers, truck lines both verbally and in written form.
- 1-2 years clerical experience required.Experience in logistics or transportation a plus.
- High School diploma equivalent preferred or verifiable ability to perform essential job functions.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
Our company is known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The company prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required.