Group Technical Manager
Join the future of food!
At our company we strive for continuous improvement, not only in our processes, but in our people. High quality employees allow us to remain on the leading edge of innovation. With you, we make things better!
- Provide overall guidance and direction to plant technicians within all technical disciplines responsible for refrigeration, electrical power, distribution, drive systems, IT infrastructure support and core electro mechanical, instrumentation, etc. Will provide opportunities for training, mentorship and programs designed to provide continued development of technical competency for all technical disciplines.
- Plan details of work to determine material or replacement needs and determines a logical approach to correct or repair problems. Ensures that all tools, parts and people resources are available so that tasks are performed completely, timely and properly.
- Leverages the right resources both internally and externally, optimizing technical teams skills across all shifts ensuring the right balance of knowledge and skill needed to resolve technical issues.
- Provides decision support, leadership and a quick response to equipment problems to keep vital machinery operational.
- Initiates changes to equipment or processes by isolating the problem, educating leadership on nature of issue, and seeking agreement on improvement strategy. This includes strategies to develop and implement and maintain corrective solutions to long term repeating issues.
- Communicates to plant management potentially dangerous electrical equipment and corrective action taken. Accurately maintains company required performance and maintenance records for electronic and electrical equipment.
- Provides direction and leadership for department. Fosters a culture of integrity and an inclusive team environment of all technical disciplines.
- Active participant in the development and implementation of sustainable technical talent pipelines.
- Provides after hours support.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lead people and foster a team environment. Ability to keep pace in a fast paced, constantly changing environment. Self-driven and results oriented with the ability to execute independently when required.
- Ability to adapt to conflicting deadlines and priorities. Is assertive and has ability to collaborate and coordinate with all appropriate resources resulting in operational success.
- Skilled in training others, organized and able to manage projects, schedule and delegate.
- Ability to read drawings,strong mechanical aptitude; basic electrical knowledge; good observation skills with the ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems.
- General computer knowledge and proficiency.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees in both written and verbal form.
- 15 years or more in a supervisory or leadership role with related electrical and mechanical work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Two year vocational school in related field or equivalent on the job experience required.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
Our company is known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The company prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required.