Control Room Operator
Join the future of food!
At our company we strive for continuous improvement, not only in our processes, but in our people. High quality employees allow us to remain on the leading edge of innovation. With you, we make things better!
Monitor and guide freezer operations through I-Fix and Warehouse Management System (WMS) software interface. Utilize audio, video, and graphical interfaces to monitor and control processes, communication, and security at local and remote facilities. Provide troubleshooting capability and handle backup plan when control system fails.
- Receive and verify orders to pull and drop product for loads to be shipped.
- Review daily in WMS space availability in freezer and notify management of levels.
- Ensure freezer process alarms are addressed per "action plans". Verify issues have been resolved and equipment is operating properly - including WMS and PLC systems. Complete daily PMs as requested.
- Assist in taking inventory, pulling products, and loading trailers with enhanced loads. May operate a forklift.
- Receive incoming communication and disseminate to appropriate personnel.
- Communicate with Corporate on issues regarding labeling, outbound material, and load sheets as they occur.
- Ensure smooth shift transition, relaying information clearly and thoroughly.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- General computer knowledge and proficiency.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel is preferred.
- Basic math skills.
- Good memory skills.
- Ability to think clearly, communicate, and direct sequenced instructions to multiple parties.
- Ability to be self-directed with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask.
- Must be able to collect, analyze, and interpret data from a wide variety of sources.
- Willing and able to ask questions about unfamiliar tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees, in both written and verbal form.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 60 lbs.
- This position requires walking, standing, twisting, reaching, bending, climbing, and lifting.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, including weekends.
Experience: Minimum of 1-3 years of freezer experience or equivalent is preferred.
Education: High School diploma, an equivalent, or verifiable ability to perform essential job functions.Department: FreezerReports to (if applicable): Freezer Shift Supervisor
Our company is known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The company prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required.