Workers Compensation Underwriter
Are you looking for a career where you can build trusted relationships with others while directly impacting the profitability of the business? Would you like to work for a national corporation that supports the development and training of its employees? You may be interested in our Workers' Compensation Underwriter position.
This role will allow you the autonomy to grow, maintain, and build your own book of business. You will gain national exposure to our agents, insureds, and our Old Republic sister companies. We will help set you up for success through a robust training program that includes on-the-job training, mentoring, classroom instruction, and self-study.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Prior experience in sales, finance, insurance, or a position where relationship building was key.
- Ability to market and sell Great West Casualty Company products and services to insureds while partnering with agents.
Why work for us?
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- Paid study materials, exam fees, study day, and monetary awards for professional development.
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and leave of absence including maternity/paternity leave.
- Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees (e.g. Green Team, Fun Committee, etc.).
- Support of healthy lifestyles through a wellness program and gym subsidies.
Who we are:
Great West Casualty Company provides specialized insurance products unique to the trucking industry and outstanding customer service to the thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies we serve. Over the past 60 years, we have grown to five offices serving insureds in over 40 states. We are now one of America's largest insurers of trucking companies. If your passion is to help others, you value education and continuous improvement, you enjoy participating in community activities, and you want to be valued for your contributions, come be part of our successful team.
Location: South Sioux City, Nebraska
Great West Casualty Company is headquartered in a metro area that joins three states. Our corporate office is in South Sioux City, Nebraska, just across the Missouri River from Sioux City, Iowa, and North Sioux City, South Dakota, in a region nicknamed Siouxland and recently named the 7th most livable small town in the United States. Home to more than 180,000 residents, the area offers affordable Midwest living, a vibrant downtown, a multitude of outdoor activities, live music, semi-pro sports, shopping, and much more.
Great West Casualty Company