Small Business Underwriter
Our Corporate Specialty Underwriting department has three openings for Small Business Underwriters. For these positions, we are looking for self-motivated, analytical, and confident professionals. Relationship-building skills and a sales mindset are keys to your success as an Underwriter. When you join our collaborative team, you'll continue to grow as a professional as you work to meet company goals.
Monday-Friday 9:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. or Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Directly impact the profitability and success of our business.
- Have autonomy in your work and manage your book of business in a fast-paced environment.
- Become a trusted partner with our agents and insureds through your relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrate your experience and expertise by collecting, analyzing, evaluating potential loss hazards, and structuring insurance programs to meet the needs of our insureds.
- Participate in a training program that includes one-on-one mentoring, classroom instruction, and self-study.
- Prior experience in underwriting, finance, mathematics, or a profession where you built and developed long-term relationships is preferred.
- Negotiation skills and the ability to analyze risk.
- The ability to identify customer needs and market Great West products and services to them.
Due to COVID-19, this position currently works remotely. Once conditions change and we are back in the office, the role will regularly report to the South Sioux City, Nebraska, office for work.
Why work for us?
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- A focus on achieving a positive work-life balance.
- Paid study materials, exam fees, study day, and monetary awards for professional development.
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and leave of absence including maternity/paternity leave.
- Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees (e.g. Green Team, Fun Committee, etc.).
- Support of healthy lifestyles through a wellness program and gym subsidies.
Who we are:
Great West Casualty Company provides specialized insurance products unique to the trucking industry and outstanding customer service to the thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies we serve. Over the past 60 years, we have grown to five offices serving insureds in over 40 states. We are now one of America's largest insurers of trucking companies. If your passion is to help others, you value education and continuous improvement, you enjoy participating in community activities, and you want to be valued for your contributions, come be part of our successful team.
Location: South Sioux City, Nebraska
Great West Casualty Company is headquartered in a metro area that joins three states. Our corporate office is in South Sioux City, Nebraska, just across the Missouri River from Sioux City, Iowa, and North Sioux City, South Dakota, in a region nicknamed Siouxland and recently named the 7th most livable small town in the United States. Home to more than 180,000 residents, the area offers affordable Midwest living, a vibrant downtown, a multitude of outdoor activities, live music, semi-pro sports, shopping, and much more.
Great West Casualty Company.