Senior Manager Information Technology
Put your passion for leading innovative teams that make a difference to work as a Senior Manager of Information Technology at Great West Casualty Company. Reporting directly to our head of Information Technology, you will provide strategic thinking and fresh ways to push our company forward as you anticipate and lead through technological change. In collaboration with your supervisors, you will grow leaders on our Help Desk, Acquisition Services, and Computer Operations teams that will collectively provide support for approximately 2,500 end users.
Great West Casualty Company is a subsidiary of Old Republic Insurance Group and is one of America's largest insurers of trucking companies.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with business partners to develop change-management plans that include strategy, communications, leadership coaching, and training procedures.
- Envisioning, advocating for, and driving best practices that align all resources to meet and exceed stated shared objectives.
- Measuring the departments' workloads and productivity to create employment strategies to meet those needs.
- Researching and highlighting industry trends that need to be assessed and implemented.
- Serving as an internal consultant for senior leadership within Great West and Old Republic Insurance Group.
- Overseeing 400+ vendor relationships, inventory for six companies, and the support of approximately 2,500 end users.
To be successful in this position, you will need:
- A Bachelor's Degree (strongly preferred).
- At least ten years' experience in the information technology field.
- Advanced communication and negotiation skills.
- Experience managing supervisors.
- Strong leadership skills with a passion for the development of employees.
- Expertise in procuring hardware and software.
- Knowledge of Mainframes, CISCO, Windows, Dell EMC storage and VMWare technology.
Due to COVID-19, this position currently works remotely. Once conditions change and we are back in the office, the role will regularly report to the South Sioux City, Nebraska, office for work. This position offers an excellent relocation package.
Who we are:
Great West Casualty Company provides specialized insurance products unique to the trucking industry and outstanding customer service to the thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies we serve. Over the past 60 years, we have grown to five offices serving insureds in over 40 states. We are now one of America's largest insurers of trucking companies. If your passion is to help others, you value education and continuous improvement, you enjoy participating in community activities, and you want to be valued for your contributions, be part of our successful team.
Why work for us?
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- A formal Management Development Program.
- Paid study materials, exam fees, study day, and monetary awards for professional development.
- Paid vacation and paid sick leave.
- Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees (Green Team, Fun Committee, etc.).
- Support of a healthy lifestyle through a wellness program and gym subsidy.
To learn more about Great West and our office locations, please visit our website www.gwccnet.com.
Great West Casualty Company