Title: Payroll/Benefits Clerk
Reports to: Senior Director of Human Resources
Job Description: This position is responsible for coordinating the overall operation of payroll and benefit services. The Payroll/Benefits Clerk will process payroll, submit tax and benefit remittances, perform reconciliations, create and run reports, assist with accounting and reconciliation duties, create and enter journal entries, and perform various other accounting and HR functions as determined by the Senior Director of Human Resources.
This role will specialize in the development, implementation, reporting, monthly functionality, and execution of the Employee Benefits, specifically pertaining to Medical, Vision, Dental, 401(k), benefits and other pertinent benefit areas. The candidate must be experienced in ADP or equivalent payroll / benefits software, follow policies relating to human resources activity, provide assistance in identifying human relations issues within the organization to facilitate communication and improve employee human relations skills, and compile and maintain personnel records. This position is also responsible for completing annual EEO and Veterans reports.
- The Payroll/Benefits Clerk should have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Payroll Clerk or administrator.
- Significant experience with insurance and employee benefits is required.
- Associate degree in Accounting or a similar business-related field is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a similar business-related field is strongly desired.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll software.
- Maintains accurate and complete payroll and benefit records for all employees.
- Processes payroll calculations, conducts audit review of timesheets, reports, and paychecks.
- Ensures accuracy, completeness, authorization, and adherence to Federal, State and Local Laws, administrative regulations, and guidelines.
- Enters, maintains, and processes information in the payroll system, which may include employee wages, commissions, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, PTO, holidays, deductions, withholding, and other information.
- Maintains complete confidentiality, within guidelines, of all payroll and employee records and reports.
- Reports new hire information to the Department of Labor, insurance companies and other benefit vendors.
- Administers company benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), and COBRA, including reviewing and approving monthly insurance statements for payment and recording journal entries.
- Assists in open enrollment and verifies the accuracy of information between the benefit provider and payroll software.
- Complies with HIPAA regulations.
- Researches and remains current on federal and state payroll tax law changes, benefits and other applicable laws and regulations affecting payroll administration.
- Communicates and coordinates regularly with appropriate co-workers to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of interdepartmental operations and activities.
- Completes, verifies, and processes forms and documentation for administration of garnishments, authorized payroll deductions, unemployment claims, and employment verifications etc.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Performs duties independently and according to policy and procedure
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Sterling Computers is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristics protected under federal, state or applicable local law.