Human Resources Assistant
Are we your type?
We’re that tiny tech startup…that made it and keeps getting better and bigger. After 25 years, Sterling has evolved from a value-added computer-hardware reseller to a full-scale IT-solutions provider (“Client to Cloud,” we say), with brand-name manufacturer-partners like Dell Technologies, Cisco, HPE, Red Hat, and VMware; top-tier clients; and multimillion-dollar tech projects. We’re a place where you can make your mark and advance — because the ceiling hasn’t been set yet.
We currently have openings at our new 83,000-square-foot headquarters in North Sioux City, South Dakota (great sunsets, low traffic, reasonable housing, no state income taxes), or one of our eight other U.S. locations. Sterling is growing at a rate of 26% annually and has several openings — for passionate salespeople, brilliant software engineers, squared-away project managers, detail-loving admin, and more. https://sterling.com/career-opportunities/ for more info.
Title: Human Resources Assistant
Location: North Sioux City, SD
Reports to: Senior Director of Human Resources
Job Description: The Human Resources Assistant supports the Sr. Director of Human Resources with the day-to-day activities of the Human Resources department, including employee onboarding and offboarding, new employee orientation, management of HR documents and policies, maintenance and auditing of employee personnel files, and other tasks as required.
Required Technical Skills: The Human Resources Assistant should be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. General computer proficiency is also required. Experience with ADP (HRIS) is preferred. Additionally, he or she should be proficient in navigating, searching, inputting data, and working in web browser software, including Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.
Required Education/Experience: An associate degree in Human Resources or similar business-related field is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Able to communicate, coordinate, and work effectively with employees.
- Has a pleasant, patient, and friendly attitude. Willing to go the extra mile to assist all employees.
- Able to effectively work and participate in a team environment.
- Forward thinking, progressive mentality toward the workplace.
- Flexible. Able to manage multiple simultaneous tasks and switch directions as priorities change.
- Passionate about the development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes continuous improvement, excellence, and flexibility.
- Maintain employee confidence by keeping Human Resources information confidential.
- Maintain fairness to all employees.
- Assist in the employee hiring, onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Prepare and communicate new hires’ first day schedule and coordinate with internal participants.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions Sr. Director of Human Resources.
- Coordinate new employee setups, including hardware, office supplies, etc.
- Organize company initiatives around employee health.
- Assist in the maintenance, organization, filing of employee personnel files.
- Edit, organize, and manage HR documents and policies under the direction of the Sr. Director of Human Resources
- Assist the Sr. Director of Human resources in audits of employee personnel data and files.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Sterling Computers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or applicable local law.