Sawing Machine Operator
Join the future of food!
At our company we strive for continuous improvement, not only in our processes, but in our people. High quality employees allow us to remain on the leading edge of innovation. With you, we make things better!
This position will utilize a saw machine to cut parts as directed. Make marks on material for cutting and guide material through saw cuts. The Sawing Machine Operator will clean, maintain lubricant levels, and service equipment to ensure continuous operation of machines.
- Cut material on table by placing on a table manually or using a hoist. Position and secure material on saw machine to guide material against saw. Turn controls to set cutting speed, feed rate, blade tension, and to adjust tilt of blade on table.
- Measure material to mark for cuts and to verify accuracy of cuts using rulers, squares, and other measuring devices. May be required to interpret a blueprint.
- Maintain equipment and coolant for proper machine operation. Install or adjust specified saw blade in machine using hand tools. Sharpen blades or replace defective or work blades.
- Check way-lube, hydraulic oil, grease, and oil levels on all machines in the machine shop.
- May operate Manual Lathes, Mills, and CNC Equipment.
- Locate material to correct bin location, record material on cut list. Re-color coats end of material.
- Move excess material to appropriate bin location.
- Spot check inventory counts.
- Empty machine shop chip hopper as needed.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Operate forklifts.
- General computer knowledge and proficiency.
- Ability to read a tape measure and use measuring devices and tools.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to concentrate on a task without being distracted.
- Ability to communicate information, in verbal and or written form.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 60lbs.
- This position requires sitting, standing, walking, climbing, twisting, reaching, bending, and lifting.
Experience:Relevant work experience is preferred.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent is preferred. Verifiable ability to perform essential job functions may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
Reports to (if applicable): Machine Shop Floor Supervisor
Our company is known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The company prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required.