Join the future of food!
At our company we strive for continuous improvement, not only in our processes, but in our people. High quality employees allow us to remain on the leading edge of innovation. With you, we make things better!
Maintenance employees assist with all maintenance functions within the plant. This position performs regular and preventative maintenance for machinery within the plant. Additional responsibilities include assisting other maintenance employees and performing emergency repairs when needed. Will assist with installation, maintenance, and testing of Research and Development equipment associated with initial production, plant troubleshooting, and continuous improvement projects.
- Responsible for processing work orders and performing daily preventative maintenance tasks according to procedures and schedules.
- Repair, service, adjust, and test equipment (air systems, refrigeration units, hydraulic tanks, compressors, and condensers).
- Assemble and disassemble equipment effectively and efficiently while maintaining high maintenance and safety standards.
- Will utilize both hand and power tools effectively while maintaining high maintenance and safety standards.
- May operate forklifts, hoists, and other heavy equipment.
- Immediately report or repair any problem noted during shift. Communicate to maintenance management for direction or coordination of activities.
- Will maintain the integrity and follow procedures and processes put into place by ownership.
- Will be required to learn all aspects and be knowledgeable of all systems, as it pertains to the facility to advance in level and compensation.
- Utilize critical thinking skills to improve overall technical competency and effectiveness.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Above average mechanical aptitude servicing precision machine parts.
- Basic electrical knowledge.
- Knowledge and ability to maintain certification to operate various material handling equipment and to service complex refrigeration and mechanical systems.
- General knowledge of computers and software is preferred.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees as necessary, both in verbal and written form.
- Good observation and analytical evaluation skills to report on, troubleshoot, and diagnose problems.
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 60 lbs.
- This position requires walking, standing, climbing, bending, reaching, and handling.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, including weekends.
Experience: Minimumof 1 year of plant maintenance experience is preferred.
Education: HighSchool diploma, an equivalent, or verifiable ability to perform essential job functions.
Reports to (if applicable):
Our company is known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The company prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required.