Director of Workforce and Career Services
Wayne State College is seeking a Director of Workforce and Career Services.
Nature of Work:
Oversee the operation of the career services office to include employer engagement. Provide overall direction, oversight, and participation in advising and career development of students; recruitment and retention of employers; securing experiential learning opportunities; and developing new programs to support 21st century career readiness. Accountable for the career services budget, overall vision, and leadership for career services. Provides innovative planning, coordination, supervision, and evaluation of student success and related career support services, including but not limited to career development, career counseling, and employer development.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Manages planning and arrangement of career-related programs (meetings, workshops, trainings, events, etc.) designed to provide career information, promote resources and develop employer relationships.
- Establish connections with relevant campus constituencies, alumni and employers to provide professional development pathways for students.
- Contributes to the effort to initiate, maintain, and grow relationships with employers, experiential learning host sites, and professional associations.
- Identify, educate and cultivate relationships with industries, organizations, non-profits and business sectors. Conducts site visits to new employers.
- Management of communications, to include a comprehensive strategic plan, implementation of marketing and outreach, and reporting of office initiatives and performance.
- Participates and assumes team leadership role in campus special projects and initiatives.
- Actively promotes the office mission, vision and values and ensures office incorporates these into their daily work and activities.
- Maintains a positive and active relationship with employers in the community, sponsors on-campus recruiting, and participates in business and community-development events such as career fairs.
- Stays current on changing workforce and career information including salaries, training requirements, and job prospects, industry trends and best practices..
- Assists in co-op program implementation and development as needed to include student recruiting, advising, co-op placements, tracking and assessment.
- Supervise direct reports, including evaluating performance and identifying professional development and growth opportunities; student employee(s).
- Leverage current and new industry partnerships to map undergraduate and graduate recruiting and career opportunities. Engages and collaborates with faculty and leadership.
- Provide instruction for Fundamentals of Professional Practice program.
- Other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum three (3) years of professional experience in advising, coaching, teaching, training, counseling, recruiting, human resources, talent development, career services or other in a related academic setting.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Attractive and comprehensive benefit package. Annual salary is $59,000.00 - $70,000.00.
Wayne State College serves as a model of success for regional public higher education. Investments in infrastructure and facilities, expanded academic programs and partnerships, a whole-campus approach to recruitment and retention, and a commitment to strategic planning position the College as a strong member of the Nebraska State College System. More than 4,500 students rely on Wayne State for access to graduate and undergraduate degree programs in more than 130 programs of study each year, a role the College has proudly filled since its founding in 1891. Our goals are clear: continually improve retention and graduation rates, provide high-quality academic programs and campus facilities, support workforce and economic development in the region, maintain affordability and access, and manage resources for sustainability. We invite qualified applicants to join us in our important work.