Industrial Water Resource Engineer
Join the future of food!
At our company we strive for continuous improvement, not only in our processes, but in our people. High quality employees allow us to remain on the leading edge of innovation. With you, we make things better!
Position is responsible for the stewardship of all water and wastewater systems for mulit-sites. Will manage full life-cycle of water systems from design strategy to deployment including ongoing maintenance and improvement. This position will provide technical and program support to determine the most appropriate use and treatment of water as a resource in order to produce high quality food in a safe and efficient manner. This position is part of a multidisciplinary team of engineers, operations and technical individuals working together on a projects and ongoing continuous improvement that typically require project planning and coordination of people and resources.
- Responsible for the stewardship of water processes, quality and people engaged in the use and re-use of water as a food ingredient, drinking water, and utility resource that encompasses all aspects of water usage and consumption starting with potable water and ending with wastewater discharge.
- Provides stewardship and oversight on all infrastructure and equipment for water conditioning and utility water, and company wastewater treatment and maintains water quality specifications and preferred water-related technologies for plant processes.
- Champions on-going research for improvements in cleaning and sanitation technology for the company. Contributes to improvement and development activities that include the coordination and preparation of proposals, presentations, and purchases related to water projects.
- Manages compliance with local, state and federal regulations and laws that includes but is not limited to permitting requirements, audits, sampling programs and data tracking.
- Consults with multidisciplinary project teams to review technologies, make educated purchase decisions, develop specifications and evaluate vendors for both water and glycol applications.
- Performs assessments, design calculations, data collection, and data analysis to support water programs. Documents workflows and solutions.
- Responsible for new process deployment and scale-up projects. Participates in new construction projects or remodel activities for conformance with specifications as it relates to water projects.
- Site specific start-up and troubleshooting resource self initiated.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Experience with conventional and advanced water treatment processes that includes but is not limited to coagulation, flocculation, sedimentation, granular media filtration, biological treatment, membrane filtration, disinfection (e. g. ozone, UV, chlorine). Experience with technologies and methods of pre-treatment and primary treatment of industrial wastewater. Experience with development of water re-use projects that include conceptual design, bench testing, pilot process testing and commercialization.
- Specializes in food or beverage processing that includes operating, quality assurance, and process engineering. Understand electrical schematics, P&ID diagrams and able to author process narratives. Understand the framework and application of environmental regulations in an industrial environment.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and interpersonal skills. A desire to influence and educate the organization. Ability to provide stewardship of processes, equipment and people. Ability and desire to provide leadership to technical and project teams which lead to a path of success. Committed to ongoing self development and learning including the development and coaching of others.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of employees and outside vendors as necessary, both verbally and in written form. Must be able to present technical information clearly and concisely and be able to work in a strong team environment.
- General computer knowledge and proficiency.
- 5 plus years relative work experience in an engineering, supervisory or leadership role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Environmental Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent required.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
Our company is known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The company prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required.