Open: June 1, 2023
Position Title: Tutor
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Department: Student Support Services
Job Status: Temporary, Part-Time
Reports To: Director of Student Support Services
Work Schedule: Day and Evening Hours
Rate of Pay: Highly Competitive Wage
Purpose/Description of Position:
The tutor will work with Little Priest Tribal College (LPTC) students to provide academic support with courses. The individual will play a key position in assisting students with tutoring and academic activities. The position will work towards meeting the mission statement and purposes of Student Support Services and the College.
This position reports to the Student Success Coordinator and will be a part-time position. Hours may vary with day and evening hours available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides guidance and assistance to students requiring tutorial services in math, science, writing, and other subjects;
- Attend all tutor training meetings and orientations;
- Schedule tutoring sessions and share information with students;
- Accurately report hours worked in the time clock system;
- Respect and maintain student confidentiality at all times;
- Consult with the Director of Student Support Services regarding individual student concerns or progress.
- Build rapport with students who utilize tutoring services at LPTC;
- Participate in staff development training;
- Provide study nights for midterms and finals;
- Provide tutoring to students;
- Supports the mission of Little Priest Tribal College (LPTC).
- Ability to balance working independently and as a team member within Student Support Services;
- Ability to follow assignments and projects from inception to completion and handle several projects at the same time;
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy;
- Effective verbal and listening skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality due to Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Problem-solving skills;
- Follow college safety policies, practices, and procedures;
- Computer literacy is required; proficient with Microsoft Suite.
- Minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA;
- Must have completed the course you will be tutoring with a 3.0;
- Possess strong reading, writing, and math skills;
- Ability to work with Native American students and underserved communities.