Resident Assistant (1 male)
Posting Date: 11/21/23
Position: Resident Assistant (1 Male)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Status: Full-time
Reports To: Director of Security, Maintenance & Housing
Salary: $5,000 per semester and a meal plan (14 meals a week at the Wolves Den)
Organization & Location: The position is located at Little Priest Tribal College (LPTC) in Winnebago, NE 68071
This is a full-time time position for one person, no significant others, children, or animals; work hours will vary as needed to perform the duties assigned. The employee is required to be available in the designated housing unit daily (but during no fixed hours) and to sleep there every night, including on weekends.
The Resident Assistant will live in an assigned residence hall to supervise and support the resident students. Under the supervision of the Director of Security, Maintenance & Housing, the RA will be responsible for the oversight of the day-to-day operations in the residence hall to which he/she is assigned. This is a full-time position and is considered exempt under FLSA. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform their primary job responsibilities.
REQUIRED Qualifications and Competencies:
- Certified in CPR and First Aid; if not, must become certified within the first thirty days of employment as Residence Assistant. Certification requirements will be paid for by the College.
- Possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle operator’s license and be able to maintain an acceptable driving record to be an approved driver.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and often remote but supportive supervision.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Able to exercise tact and handle information that is confidential, sensitive, or controversial.
- Must be student-focused and have a genuine interest in supporting higher education.
- Must reside in the residence hall as a primary residence and stay in the facility every night.
- Must enforce curfew for all who live in the dorms.
- Be available in the designated housing daily (but during no fixed hours).
- Create a residential environment that promotes academics and is conducive to studying.
- Serve in a leadership role; this is imperative in the event of fire drills, tornadoes, and other emergencies.
- Conduct bi-weekly walk-throughs, conduct monthly resident meetings, and assist student housing orientation.
- Be a role model for responsible behavior and personal integrity; exercise good judgment.
- Identify situations that require immediate attention and work with the supervisor to resolve them.
- Report to the supervisor any threatening or dangerous student behaviors.
- Submit work orders to the Maintenance Department as needed for repairs.
- Ensure students clean common rooms and remove the trash, using a posted list of assigned chores.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment.
- Attend required and assigned staff meetings and training.
- All LPTC employees must know and follow job safety procedures, attend required health and safety training, proactively promote safety at work, and promptly report actual and potential accidents or injuries.
No travel is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to indoor and outdoor conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment ranges from mild to loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform tssential functions.
The employee may be required to move or position items over and under weighing up to 50 lbs. Employees must be able to communicate, possess manual dexterity, utilize memory for details, give and receive verbal instructions, exhibit emotional stability, and possess critical thinking.
At LPTC, we are committed to hiring a workforce that is as diverse and inclusive as the people and communities we serve. We are an equal-opportunity employer. Employment practices are free of discrimination. Indian preference applies. All other applicants have equal opportunities of employment irrespective of their race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. LPTC will uphold these principles and ensure that this philosophy is administered appropriately. Arrangements for reasonable accommodations required by disabilities can be made by contacting the Human Resources office.
HR Signature signifies this job description has been approved by all levels of management:
HR_________________________________________________________ Date __________________
President: ___________________________________________________ Date ___________________
The employee signature below constitutes the employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions, and duties of the position.
Employee______________________________________________________ Date ________________
Applicants can submit a cover letter, resume, college transcripts, and three letters of references to the Human Resources Manager, P.O. Box 270, Winnebago, NE 68071, or email to email@example.com
Applicants may also go to http://www.littlepriest.edu/faculty-staff/human-resources.html and complete the on-line application and attach a resume. Transcripts and three letters of reference are also required when submitting an application.
Little Priest Tribal College is an Equal Opportunity Employer