Early Learning Director
Job Title: Program Director – Early Learning Director
Status: Full Time Exempt
Department: Youth Development
Reports to: CEO
POSITION SUMMARY: This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. The Early Learning Director oversees the development and operations of all early learning and childcare programs for children under Kindergarten. This position will oversee the direction of each program site, ensuring the program meets its intended goals. The Early Learning Director maintains high-quality YMCA Early Learning and Child Care programs including Pre-K child care program(s), preschool programs, family programming and develops new programs to bridge gaps within our community and tristate area.
OUR CULTURE: Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The fun work of this position includes but not limited to the following:
- Lead and manage daily operations of a licensed preschool and childcare facilities.
- Directly responsible for the day-to-day safety and well-being of all children enrolled in the program.
- Manages, directs, and coordinates early learning programing including developing and monitoring the program budget to meet fiscal objectives; compiling program statistics to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of and participation in the program; securing, scheduling, and maintaining the needed facilities; creating and scheduling the activities or events; and maintaining program records or files.
- Ensures high-quality programs and services meet community needs to include supervising existing program activities, establishing new program activities, and expanding the program within the community as needed. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Recruits and hires diverse staff and volunteer teams across multiple dimensions of diversity. Onboard and develops them for success. Insures appropriate staffing coverage with qualified early learning teachers and teacher assistants.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions; develops and maintains collaborative relationships with staff, parents and caregivers, and community organizations (e.g., state child care licensing agency, school administration) to maximize program impact and drive overall outcomes; maintains regular, clear, and concise communication within the area of responsivity.
- Responds to all agency, parent and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
- Provides for the upkeep of assigned program facilities and equipment and ensures the physical environment supports a safe and thriving environment.
- Execute sound administration and management in order to increase program quality and sustainability; promote financial accountability and viability. NORM WAITT SR. YMCA JOB DESCRIPTION Job Title: Program Director – Early Learning & Child Care Director The Y: We strengthen the community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
- Demonstrate compliance with applicable laws, regulations, licensure, and accreditation.
- Assists in YMCA fundraising activities the annual fundraising campaign and organizational events.
- Assists with Advisory Committee meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Communication & Influence
- Program/Project Management
- Developing Self & Others
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent.
- Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- Three - Five years in related experience preferred, as a coordinator or supervisor of childcare programs/centers.
- Five or more years of related experience are required within early childhood development and/or elementary ages.
- Minimum age requirement of 21.
- Typical requirements within 60 days of hire include completion of: Child Abuse Prevention for Supervisory Staff; Working with Program Volunteers; CPR; First Aid; AED; Bloodborne Pathogens and any other filed related training. ? Fulfillment of state-specific hiring standards and completion of YMCA program-specific certifications within the youth development and childcare.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Understands the YMCA is a public accommodation committed to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee needs sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to safely supervise program activities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.