4-H and Youth Development Coordinator
OBJECTIVE: To plan and deliver programming for existing and future Clover Kids and 4-H members. To serve and grow our urban and rural 4-H audiences. To assist with administration for extension programming.
• Provides direct instruction of education and experience.
• Plans, coordinates, and implements educational programming in a specific program area (4-H) in collaboration with program specialists, regional directors and councils.
• Inform supervisor of county projects and project outcomes.
• Support and initiate strategies to develop volunteer networks.
• Manages local data collection in line with program area requirements
• Manages project budgets within the program area.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with staff and clients in the county.
• Continually develop and enhance relevant skills and understand current professional standards.
o Coordinate Clover Kids recruitment effort and sustainability through first year of 4-H.
o Coordinate and lead 4-H livestock program with the assistance of volunteers.
o Urban 4-H outreach through science enrichment lessons and afterschool 4-H.
o Establish an integrated 4-H program including rural and urban audiences.
o Work collaboratively with the County Youth Coordinator, Youth Outreach Coordinator, and Youth Program Specialist to identify county needs and deliver 4-H curriculum through programs to meet those needs.
o Assist with summer camps including planning and leading.
o Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Content knowledge in the field of youth development.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Computer, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Team player and people oriented
• Ability to work evenings and weekends
• Teaching or facilitation experience in field related to program area if direct instruction is a required job responsibility
• Demonstrated record of establishing new programs
• Successful contract and grant writing experience
• Experience working cooperatively with boards and diverse groups
SUPERVISOR: Regional Director
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and completed application to Molly Hewitt firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application form (Word)
Application form (.pdf)
Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status and will not be discriminated against.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. For the full non-discrimination statement or accommodation inquiries, go to www.extension.iastate.edu/diversity/ext.