Customer Service Representative II
This position is responsible for providing extraordinary service, often serving key or international customers/accounts. The Representative II, Customer Service uses an in-depth knowledge of company products and programs to correspond effectively in all customer interactions, works closely with team members and internal stakeholders, and fulfills administrative duties associated with role.
- Provides timely and accurate information to incoming customer order and product knowledge requests.
- Processes customer orders/changes according to established department policies and procedures.
- Performs administrative functions related to orders and serving customers. Depending upon assigned location, those functions could include loading tickets, weighing inbound trucks, preparation of correspondence, systems and documentation maintenance, inventory, basic accounting duties, preparation of invoices, price quotes, collating sales and marketing materials.
- Utilize a thorough knowledge of freight rates and customer routes and service needs to assist with or arrange for transportation
- Provides timely feedback to the company regarding service failures or customer concerns.
- Confers with sales, production, shipping, warehouse, and/or carrier to assure order fulfillment is optimized. Provide input into continuous improvement efforts.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Has developed specialized skills or is multi-skilled through job related training or considerable experience
- Completes work with limited degree of supervision
- Likely to act as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience
- Identifies key issues and patterns from partial/conflicting data
- Takes a broad perspective to problems and spots new, less obvious solutions
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required, Associate’s Degree preferred
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience required
- SAP and/or Salesforce experience a plus
- Customer service within manufacturing/industrial strongly preferred
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It does not include all responsibilities and skills required of the job and may be changed at any time. All responsibilities must be completed in compliance with all safety protocols, policies, procedures and consistent with the spirit and philosophy of The Andersons’ Statement of Principles.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. The Andersons, Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace. The Andersons, Inc. is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Note: The Andersons, Inc. conducts drug, alcohol and/or medical testing of applicants and employees based on type of position. A copy of our testing policy is available by contacting the HR Department at email@example.com.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
Click HERE to apply!