Plumbing 3rd -4th Yr. Apprentice
At Midwestern Mechanical we are passionate about our customers, our employees, and the work we perform. We maintain a workplace that individuals can be proud of, where talents are embraced, and results are encouraged and supported.
We are looking for talented people who value integrity, informed decision-making and collaboration. If you believe you are one of those talented people, and are interested in being considered for a career at Midwestern Mechanical, we invite you to apply today! Midwestern Mechanical is a Drug Free workplace. Pre-employment drug screens are required.
CURRENT OPPORTUNITY: Plumbing 3rd - 4th Yr. Apprentice
The Plumbing Apprentice position allows you to learn the skills required of the commercial plumbing and mechanical trade while working in a full-time paid employment position with on-the-job training from experienced plumbing journeymen as well as company-provided apprenticeship classes one afternoon every 2 weeks.
The Plumbing Apprentice assists in the assembly, installation and repair of plumbing, water flow and drainage systems in accordance with applicable plumbing codes. The Plumbing Apprentice is also responsible for delivering high quality work & productivity and is expected to go through the apprenticeship training program to become a skilled Journeyman plumber. A 3rd or 4th Year Apprentice would have some plumbing experience already, and would complete the remainder of their apprenticeship training through our program.
- Competent, responsible, organized and team oriented.
- Strong communication and average computer skills.
- Strong basic math skills.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Maintain an active state and city license in all city/states you will perform work in.
- Ability to travel to job sites and locations as needed in multiple states.
- Above average problem solving skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works with various types of piping including iron, steel, copper and pvc.
- Operates powered equipment including hand tools, stationary machines and others as required.
- Makes decisions and solves problems analyzing information and evaluating results.
- Maintains a high quality initiative while completing assigned duties.
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle and maintain a current driver's license in order to commute to the various current or prospective job sites in the region.
- Overnight travel as necessary within the region.
- Attend plumbing apprentice classes if the required courses have not previously been completed. (Classes provided by Midwestern Mechanical)
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Completion of High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- At least two years plumbing apprentice or pipe fitting experience.
Physical Requirements: The job's functions require the following physical demands:
- Ability to be off of the ground in a scissor lift or other piece of equipment.
- Must have the ability to independently lift and carry objects safely that weigh up to 20 pounds routinely, 50 pounds frequently and 80 pounds occasionally.
We offer market competitive pay, as well as opportunities for advancement, knowledge and skill development. In addition, we offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- 401(k) retirement program with company match
- Paid holiday and vacation program
- Job bonuses
- Company-provided apprenticeship program