Staff Accountant Tyson Events Center and Orpheum Theatre
To monitor, control, and audit all financial transactions, and to perform a full range of professional accounting duties involved in fiscal management, record keeping, reporting and financial analysis of the facility.
- Process and prepare accounts payable invoices.
- Verify & post entries to general ledger accounts; run trial balances
- Detail processing for accounts receivable and collection calls for outstanding payments.
- Process Box Office ticket reports and record transactions.
- Assist with month end closing procedures.
- Prepares select event settlements and sales journals.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- Handle payroll processing and onsite Human Resource functions.
- Prepare audit work papers and perform analysis of accounts.
- Perform analysis of accounting records; prepare event profitability statements.
- Prepare sales statements.
- Assist with employee record maintenance.
- Perform related professional accounting work in support of accounting functions.
- Apply Federal, State, and local laws and regulations pertaining to accounting and auditing work.
- Examine and verify a variety of financial documents and reports.
- Prepare a variety of financial statements, reports, and analyses.
- Operate a ten-key calculator by touch at a speed necessary for successful job performance.
- Operate a computer to perform accounting functions.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in accounting, finance, business administration or a closely related field.
- One year of professional accounting experience preferably including some supervisory experience. Some experience in building management industry preferred but not required
- Must be accurate and efficient with ability to meet deadlines
- Capable of working with all levels of management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Knowledge of Sage 100 preferred.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.