Sales and Event Manager Siouxland Expo Center
The Sales & Event Manager is responsible for soliciting, booking, contracting, and managing from start to finish events at the Siouxland Expo Center. Groups to be assigned are of varying sizes, are primarily local or regional, social and smaller corporate events or sporting events. Duties include, but are not limited to: solicit, sell & book event space; serve as Event Manager by overseeing and coordinating communication between event related staff and delegate assignments; be responsible for and ensure overall customer satisfaction, facilitate all expo event settlements, wrap up items, contracts, and all other event related data.
- Represents the facility as its primary sales representative both locally and out-of-town.
- Researches, identifies, and establishes the appropriateness of groups for the facility
- Contacts prospective user groups and individuals to initiate the sales effort.
- Discusses the facility with site selection committees or appropriate others.
- Assists in developing and implementing the sales/marketing activities of the facility including developing budget submissions and follow-through systems and procedures.
- Meets specified goals and objectives for facility usage
- Fosters coordinated sales efforts with other members of the city's hospitality industry and maintains effective relations with representatives of local and user groups.
- Communicates problems and proposed solutions to the GM and/or Food and Beverage representative
- Submits regular activity reports and performs related duties as required.
- Must be available for evening and weekend work as required
- All other duties as assigned by the GM
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with corporate clients.
- Assist internal and external clients with event logistics and suggest the most effective ways to use the facility for specific types of functions.
- Manage the event booking, planning, on-site coordination of internal events, and events as assigned by the GM
- Make recommendations for staff discipline and evaluations
- Direct the work of all staff during events including but not limited to: banquet, operations, guest services, and act as liason for all event needs in the building.
- Detail event for client approval and internal communication by creating Event Data sheet
- Finalize event invoice after events and detail event recap reports.
- Generate initiatives to promote the Siouxland Expo Center capabilities through brainstorming/strategy creation, print piece development, and networking events.
- Exercises discretion and utilizes independent decision-making during events that will best represent the Siouxland Expo Center and serve the client.
- Maintain communication with operations team to ensure a flawless event.
- Complete administrative tasks and marketing projects as assigned
- Other duties as assigned by the GM
- A Bachelors Degree in Hospitality Management or related field preferred. 2-3 years previous
experience in the event field also accepted
- Self motivated with excellent organization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary, including excellent verbal and written communication
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
- Ability to commit group bookings of the appropriate quality and quantity for the facility.
- Ability to establish/develop selective selling techniques for scheduling groups during dates most beneficial to the local visitor economy.
- Ability to attain appropriate scheduling balance between conferences of outside groups and appropriate community cultural groups.
- Ability to make verbal presentations to groups of various sizes.
- Ability to prepare appropriate reports, correspondence, memoranda, agreements and budget projections.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with representatives of local and user groups
- Basic computer proficiency: E-mail, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Working knowledge of Point of Sale and timekeeping systems.
- Cash handling abilities; basic math skills including significant number manipulation.
- Ability to work a variable work schedule (including long hours, evenings and weekends, as required), depending upon event and business requirements.
- Must be able to project a professional manner and appearance, and communicate effectively with clients, staff and the general public.
- Must possess independent decision making ability in a busy work environment with strong attention to detail
- Must posses superior time management skills