Marketing and Group Sales Tyson Events Center and Orpheum Theatre
The Marketing and Group Sales Manager is responsible for the promotion of concerts, sporting events, family shows, and all live events within the Tyson Events Center / Fleet Farm Arena and Orpheum Theatre, while developing creative marketing campaigns that promote public/community awareness. The Marketing and Group Sales Manager is responsible for maintaining relationships with media partners and ensuring fulfillment of contracts while overseeing the media buying and billing process. This individual will assist in managing, supervising and coordinating all the activities of the Marketing department to reach budget goals and generate revenue for the facility. They will implement marketing plans, manage event advertising budgets and promotions and ensure successful sales for events.
This position is based in Sioux City, Iowa. The Tyson Events Center / Fleet Farm Arena is a 10,000 seat multi-purpose facility and Orpheum Theatre is a 2,526-seat historic theatre.
- Create and implement marketing and group ticket sales campaigns for various concerts, family shows & sporting events to maximize event awareness and exposure.
- Work directly with promoters for upcoming events to ensure success and customer satisfaction
- Analyze challenges, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and make decisions in support of organizational objectives
- Plan meetings to negotiate and research advertising mediums
- Handle the day-to-day operations of the website - including updating events, design, and implementation of promotional concepts.
- Oversee and manage the e-mail subscriber database including developing ways to increase the database as well as creating and distributing ticket-driving newsletters/emails.
- Manage and implement ticket sales-driven promotions on sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, as well as develop key marketing campaigns using viral marketing techniques.
- Pitch creative stories, marketing strategies, write press releases, help create public relations events, generate media hits, and build relationships with local media and outlying markets.
- Assist Director with internal and external public relations such as event announcements, marquee and website updates, and reporting to trade publications.
- Create event marketing plans put together by the Marketing Department, including media buying, trade, public relations, grassroots, group sales, premium sales, third party relationships, community relations, etc.
- Manage all grassroots efforts including poster & flyer distribution, community appearances and overall expansion of marketing campaigns to maximize event awareness and exposure.
- Design promotional materials such as flyers and posters for select events at the venue.
- Help prospect, cultivate, and service premium seating clients in the venue for all arena events.
- Solicitation of new group sales business through cold calls, networking, and face to face meetings.
- Build and maintain relationships with all media outlets.
- Coordinate and help manage on-site events such as pre-show parties as required.
- Carry out all assigned duties and responsibilities, including additional tasks as needed - to help achieve the overall goal of a successful season and department.
- Participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities of all Group Sales programs and activities.
- Maintain an update database of existing clients.
- Track and manage daily, weekly, and monthly reports social media and email database.
• College Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or related field.
• Experience in customer service or sales driven position
• Min. of 3 years prior Marketing experience, preferably in Sports & Entertainment.
• Proficiency with media buying and promotions
• Excellent written and oral communications skills required.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher).
• Must be proficient in Adobe Photoshop and have web-related background.
• Assertive, outgoing, hard-working, resourceful, as well as an independent thinker.
• Knowledge of marketing and advertising/sponsorship program development
• Knowledge of Public Relations
• Knowledge of Website maintenance
• Team player who is a creative and proactive problem solver.
• Ability to work nights and weekends is required as job duties will involve non-traditional hours.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
We are strengthened by our differences and united by making a difference. Spectra embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and the communities that we serve. We strive to create an inclusive culture and equitable workplace where all employees feel valued and can bring their whole selves to work. Not only is it the right thing to do, but we know that diverse, equitable and inclusive teams invite deeper collaboration and understanding, spark greater innovation and achieve higher employee satisfaction.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.