Event Manager Tyson Events Center and Orpheum Theatre
The Event Manager will manage every aspect of their assigned events from the advance planning stages through the end of the event; hire, train, schedule and supervise all event staff; oversee building security and interact with local public safety officials to ensure events run smoothly; coordinate communication between event staff/security and delegate assignments; be responsible for and ensure overall customer and lessee satisfaction and experience.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, and facilitating the logistics of events throughout the Tyson Events Center & Orpheum Theatre
- Develop and control event budgets including preparing pre-show event financial estimates and completing post-show financial settlements based on contractual requirements.
- Ensure timely and accurate event information is delivered to the Finance Department for settlement/invoicing purposes
- Assist internal and external clients with event logistics and suggest the most effective ways to use the facility for specific types of functions.
- Exercises discretion and utilizes independent decision-making during events that will best represent the Tyson Events Center & Orpheum Theatre and serve the client.
- Ensure that all event insurance certificates, licenses and permits required for production are obtained in a timely manner, including pyrotechnics and traffic control
- Advance and communicates all event information to appropriate departments and staff
- Troubleshoot during event preparation and during event to ensure that all event setups are correct including making decisions about policy, procedures, billing and staffing
- Oversee all production, setup, event staff, event-related contract services
- Maintain communication with events team to ensure a flawless event
- Create work schedules for event and security staff, delegate assignments and review performance and results
- Responsible for the Events Department role in the execution of event contracts and rental agreements
- Act as facility manager on duty as required
- Communicates in a timely fashion any/all problems and proposed solutions to the AGM and/or Director of Events
- Receives and responds to complaints from tenants and the public or refers them to the Director of Events
- Prepares events reports noting attendance, times, significant problems, etc.
- Ensure collection of all payable by due dates
- Finalizes lessee requirements including table arrangements and number and nature of support personnel (ushers, security guards, caterers & decorators)
- Coordinates effectively with other departments including Operations, Food & Beverage, Engineering, etc
- Maintain superior interpersonal relations with clients, employees, management, contractors, and temporary employees
- Must work on-site for assigned events, maintain excellent attendance, and contribute to a safe & healthy work environment.
- One to three (1-3) years of increasingly responsible experience in event management in a stadium, arena, convention center or public assembly facility setting
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university with major coursework in facility management, hospitality management, business, or related field
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, word processing, and Internet
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid drivers’ license
- Knowledge of operational characteristics of events
- Ability to identify the needs of users of the facility
- Knowledge of crowd management and control techniques
- Knowledge of customer service practices
- Knowledge of principles of supervision, scheduling, and training employees
- Demonstrated familiarity with facility use contracts
- Knowledge of fire and public safety regulations
- Knowledge of A/V equipment and electronic systems in public assembly facilities
- Experience with budget preparation and control
- Familiarity with terminology used in entertainment/convention/public assembly settings
- Experience with AutoCAD is preferred but not required
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.