AV Technician Tyson Events Center and Orpheum Theatre
This position will perform various duties relating to IT, audio/visual, and other systems for the employees and clients of the facility as event needs require.
- Supply AV support to all events, shows, and concerts
- Support Operations department in technical needs during set up and running of events
- Providing great customer service to all clients and employees with AV needs
- Assist in installing of new technology throughout buildings
- Maintain all security standards of the facility at all times
- Maintain equipment storage, ensure orderly and clean storage area
- Support, maintain, and inventory all AV Equipment
- Maintain good working relationship with all vendors
- Additional IT work as needed for Sioux City venues
- College degree in Information Systems and/or equivalent work experience
- Experience with sound and video equipment including wireless mics, mixers, amplifiers, speakers, video boards, etc.
- Experience with multi-camera production
- Working knowledge of DMX controls
- Experience with signal routing and patching
- Any electrical engineering experience is a plus
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work events above and beyond the normal working day, including nights and weekends
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Possess strong interpersonal skills; working with both internal and external clients
- Exposure to Windows Operating Systems is a plus
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will frequently be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate professionally in writing and verbally with clients in the English language.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will constantly operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during /after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees during events. Employee must constantly communicate via cell phone, email, text and in-person with others to exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The duties of this position are performed primarily indoors in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate during non-event days and moderate to loud during event days while moving about the event floor.
This job description is subject to change.
Spectra is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug-Free Workplace