Assistant Box Office Manager Tyson Events Center/ Orpheum Theatre
This position will assist in the management of all ticketing operations including daily operations of the Box Office and any ticketing outlets. Responsibilities include account for all cash received, verifying daily cash reports, maintaining accurate bookkeeping documents, and depositing all ticket receipts. This is a full-time position that frequently requires attendance at evening and/or weekend activities, performances and events. Ability to work flexible schedule based on events, including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
- Assure that ticket buyers receive good customer service and have a positive experience with the Box Office by training representatives in customer service techniques, monitoring the performance of staff, complying with customer requests to the extent possible, and solving problems quickly and to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Perform ticket selling functions as needed.
- Assist in the development of an effective and efficient box office staff by hiring qualified workers, providing appropriate supervision, enforcing operational policies and procedures published in the box office operations manual, and evaluating work performances.
- Ensure that all premium seating ticket orders are processed and confirmed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for balancing box office revenue and preparation of daily sales reports.
- Prepare daily deposits and combined bank deposits according to the Finance Department’s requirements.
- Assist in overseeing sales outlets and ensuring they have the information and supplies necessary to perform ticket sales while maintaining standards of customer service.
- Provide full service ticketing for local tenants (including account management and all other ticketing requirements for the team).
- Process all group and premium ticket orders via Paciolan system
- Assist with preparation of all required Box Office reports to management and promoters.
- Assist with set-up and maintenance of proper Box Office procedures (with direction from Corporate).
- Assist in setup and settlement of events and communication with promoters on ticketing details.
- Process ticket requests from promoters.
- Update and troubleshoot the computerized ticketing system and software.
- Manage Business Objects software by troubleshooting when scheduled daily reports fail, modifying scheduled reports when needed, complete daily executive sales report as requested.
- Manage all aspects of ticket scanners including setup, tear down, maintenance, etc. and assist in event scan reports and drop counts to Event Manager during closing procedures following each event.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned by the Box Office Manager or General Manager.
- A post-secondary BA degree is strongly recommended however event and/or ticketing industry experience is viewed equivalently.
- At least three years’ experience is required in positions that require daily contact with the public and responsibility for handling large sums of money.
- Previous responsibility in training and supervising others is desired.
- Previous experience with ticketing software would be beneficial.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, supervisory skills and excellent interpersonal skills, particularly in dealing with the public, are required.
- Excellent computer, including all Microsoft Office components is essential.
- Work a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, overnight, weekends, holidays, extended (long) work days and extended numbers of days based upon event calendar
- Superior customer service skills including but not limited to thoughtful listening, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) either manually or through the use of a calculator
- Communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
- Ability to read and make inferences from written sales materials
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation, graphic design, PowerPoint and Internet software
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of ticketing software, terminology
- Familiarity with Paciolan Ticketing is preferred
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will frequently be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information. . Ability to move paperwork or boxes up to 20 lbs. as business demand requires.
The duties of this position are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environments is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-even times.