Are you wanting to work for a fun, caring organization that helps to change the lives of those in your community?
Goodwill of the Great Plains is looking for someone to fill an Accounts Receivable position to help with monitoring services provided by our Mission department. This position will also include researching and resolving billing discrepancies, assisting with Title I invoice tracking, filing and monitoring of expenses.
Working for Goodwill of the Great Plains you enter a fun and caring organization that touches many lives. No matter where you work in our organization, our entire team plays a role in delivering our mission, working alongside, and helping encourage those with barriers to grow.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Work with Mission Services department to ensure services provided are appropriately documented prior to submitting claims to Iowa MCO’s monthly
- Submits invoices to MCO’s and LWD Boards in the required format and within timeframes set by the funding sources
- Monitors and manages the collection of accounts receivable outstanding greater than 60 days.
- Maintains detailed documentation of collection efforts on past due accounts
- Reviews claim payments and denials for services provided and works with the Mission Department to determine cause of denial
- Pro-actively monitors rate changes and other requirements of the various funding sources to be able to submit invoices that will promptly accepted and paid
- Works with Vertex and other software vendors to ensure information is being processed properly and timely for payment to be received
- Conducts month-end review of general ledger revenue reports for proper department and account distribution
- Work with Accountant to ensure proper documentation is collected to Title I and other government contacts
- High school graduate and/or completion of post-secondary course work with emphasis in accounting and/or bookkeeping
- Minimum of two years previous experience in related activity
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel software
- Must possess good communications and computational skills
You are eligible for a Personal Day, Birthday Day Off, 6 Paid Holidays upon hire and eligibility for health and dental insurance after 60 days. While the benefits are great, Goodwill’s mission in really at the heart of all we do. When you join the Goodwill team you are not just joining the company, you are becoming part of our family. Apply today to become a part of something Great!
EOE- Goodwill of the Great Plains provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.