Accounts Payable Supervisor
Join the future of food!
At our company we strive for continuous improvement, not only in our processes, but in our people. High quality employees allow us to remain on the leading edge of innovation. With you, we make things better!
- Supervise Accounts Payable staff. Assign and delegate tasks and duties, write and participate in performance reviews along with making recommendations on salary.
- Responsible for the training and development of Accounts Payable staff. Develop, update and revise training documentation and needed.
- Oversees the authorization of all invoices paid.
- Produce various reports both scheduled and unscheduled audits and verify for accuracy all processing actions. Prepares reports for distribution to management and internal personnel.
- Performs analysis of financial data for explanatory test required for reports and financial statements. Analyze complex invoices for proper payment and coding.
- Reconciles assigned account balances and verifies accuracy of postings and classifications.
- Analyzes and maintains account analysis on assigned expense categories. Bringing inconsistencies or problems to management with options for corrective actions.
- Ensure Accounts Payable department is compliant with formal account procedures and disciplines. Audits work completed by staff to ensure accuracy and compliance with standards set in place.
- Participates in meetings with management related to the accounts payable area. Participate in discussions regarding process improvement, development of staff, etc.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of sales tax.
- Ability to think logically and make decisions.
- Self motivated with the ability to work under and meet deadlines.
- Solid understanding of accounts payable process.
- Proficient with computers.
- Experience with industry standard accounting software.
- Ability to clearly communicate to all levels of employees in both written and verbal form.
- 5 or more years experience in Accounts Payable preferred. Experience in a supervisory or leadership role required.
- Associates degree in Accounting or equivalent work related experience.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
Our company is known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The company prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required.