- Maintains ledgers and financial records including general and subsidiary ledger, accounts payable/receivable records, bank reconciliations and cash disbursements in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
- Prepares various financial statements and reports. Reviews, analyzes and interprets financial data for use by management in assessing financial status of the organization. Prepares regulatory reports and state and federal reports as appropriate.
- Prepares, posts and reconciles entries to ensure general ledger balances are correct. Reconciles bank statements.
- Monitors company compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, industry regulations and company procedures.
- Gathers information from work orders and other plant inventories to maintain the Continuing Property Records.
- Reviews monthly settlements for accuracy to ensure maximum revenue potential is achieved.
- Analyzes major fluctuations in settlement amounts and/or minutes of use to determine causes.
- Gathers and analyzes data for cost studies and access tariff filings as requested. Analyzes new methods, procedures, and agreements to ensure maximum revenues for company.
- Assists with human resource functions such as benefit enrollment and maintenance of personnel files.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by Supervisor(s).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced Skill in Excel.
- Skill in reading and interpreting statistical and financial data.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to communicate with customers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively function as a team player.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.