Goodwill of the Great Plains is looking for an Accountant to help with preparation of financial statements, journal entries, reconciliations, and budget and regulatory reports. They will also need to provide fiscal oversight of assigned programs by monitoring budget and fiscal compliance using judgment, proactivity, and resourcefulness.
Job Duties Included but not limited to:
- post daily cash receipts, daily stores sales, bank transfers
- Reconcile assigned cash accounts at least monthly. Reconciles Operating account throughout the month.
- Prepare the monthly and annual statistical reports for submission to Goodwill Industries International
- Complete yearly submissions for unclaimed wages and US Census Bureau analytical reports
- Prepares audit work papers and interacts with the external audit team on items related to areas of responsibility
-Assist in assigning account classifications of all expenditures and documents including capital expenditures as set forth in Goodwill's chart of accounts
-Maintains fixed assets subsidiary ledger for Goodwill. Reconciles fixed asset accounts at least monthly. Process montly fixed asset postings in Microsoft GP
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business-related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 year of accounting experience
- Knowledge of grand accounting preferred
- Experience with Payroll, Excel and automated accounting systems is a plus
You are eligible for a Personal Day, Birthday Day Off, 6 Paid Holidays upon hire with eligibility for health and dental insurance after 60 days. While the benefits are great, Goodwill’s mission is really at the heart of all we do. When you join the Goodwill team you are not just joining the company, you are becoming part of our family. Apply today to become a part of something great!
EOE-Goodwill of the Great Plains provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.