Siouxland Human Investment Partnership
Purpose: Full-time position that will create, maintain, reconcile, and report programmatic financial activity with specific focus on federal and state grants
Salary range: $45,000 - $50,000
Reports to: SHIP Business & Finance Director
About SHIP: SHIP is a unique nonprofit organization that specializes in providing leadership in response to community needs. We are an employee-centered, family friendly workplace, and we pride ourselves on knowing that our work moves the needle and makes a positive impact in the community.
SHIP values: Collaboration, Education, Leadership, Empowerment, Inclusivity
Specific Job Duties:
- Maintain accurate and timely reporting through the completion of monthly deposits, bill payments, invoices, drawdowns, filing, and reporting for SHIP programs. This includes, but is not limited to federal, state, and local grants and contracts.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements through the timely completion of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to sub-contractors and state or federal agencies. Also consistently review adherence to new federal and state reporting requirements.
- Keep management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports, summarizing information, identifying trends, and reporting significant variances or concerns along with potential next-steps or problem resolutions. This should be completed on a quarterly basis, at minimum.
- Perform routine general ledger/journal entry maintenance and reconciliations.
- Work directly with Contract Coordinators and Program Directors to support budget preparation and ensure that all programmatic and financial requirements are being met
- Coordinate and prepare necessary audits of contracts. Participate in on-site visits with contract providers to enhance communication and collaboration.
- Issue invoices to grantors, contractors, or customers and ensure that receivables are collected promptly.
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits within the month-end close period.
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of accounts, timesheets, programs, budgets, and other necessary areas to ensure their accuracy.
- Provide full accounting services to fiscal agent contracts.
- Maintain the fixed asset ledger and inventory listing.
- Maintain the petty cash fund.
- Issue monthly financial statements – any necessary financial summaries deemed appropriate for consideration.
- Participate actively in the planning, communication, coordination, and execution of organizational events including monthly board meetings.
- Adhere to monthly/quarterly/yearly close periods established within the finance department.
- Assemble information to be compiled by the Business & Finance Director into the audited financial statements to be reviewed by the external accounting firm for the annual audit.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system and ensure filings are current.
- Assist in the maintenance of the chart of accounts and class list.
- Assist in the adherence of the SHIP administrative budget.
- Ensure security, integrity, and confidentiality of data.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested.
- Assist and act as a backup to other accounting staff and functions when necessary.
- Collaboratively work to execute SHIP’s mission with the Business & Finance Director, Contract Coordinators, and Program Directors.
- Maintain regular attendance of job performance five days per week unless granted time off in accordance with the SHIP handbook.
- Follow accounting policies, procedures, internal controls, and Uniform Guidance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent accounting experience.
- Minimum of 5 years finance experience preferred
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles
- Experience in non-profit organizations
- Ability to fiscally manage federal, state, and local grants.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required, including presentation skills.
- Ability to produce and sustain quality work with infrequent direct supervision.
- Exhibit strong interpersonal skills such as employee collaboration, contract coordination, third-party interaction, and program guidance.
- Exhibit strong team player skills and the ability to work harmoniously with SHIP’s diverse workforce.
- Ability to motivate others and encourage collaboration efforts.
- Attention to detail, deadlines and budgets.
- Ability to make sound and reasonable decisions on demand.
- Ability to manage challenges effectively while enhancing program implementation.
- Ability to use technology, including Microsoft Office, QuickBooks and other financial software.
- Work within assigned duties to ensure adherence to the internal control structure and separation of duties.
- Work as a team member and foster a cooperative work environment.
- Commitment to the ongoing development of organizational programs and mission.
Open until filled. Send resumes to email@example.com