BILLBOARD CONTEST: Recognizing Volunteers in Siouxland
VolunteerSiouxland Contest Says Yes - You!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sioux City, IA – VolunteerSiouxland, powered by ThinkCause, will be celebrating volunteers during National Volunteer Week April 15-22 in a really big way. In a billboard size way. The online volunteer center is running a contest now through March 31 to find six great volunteers to be featured on six different billboards around the community.
“We have so many amazing volunteers in Siouxland who give so much of their time and energy to so many great causes,” says Ryan Martinez, Co-Founder, “and we wanted to find a really special way to say thanks and to raise awareness of volunteerism in the community. What better way than a larger-than-life billboard?”
Nominations from individuals and organizations can be submitted through a special website set up for the contest. The link can be found on volunteersiouxland.org/win or the VolunteerSiouxland Facebook page. Nominating someone is as easy as providing a little information, such as names, the organization they volunteer for and what makes them a great volunteer. A photo and contact information completes the submission. Then it is up to voters.
The public can check out all of the nominated volunteers and vote for their picks. The top twelve vote recipients will make the final list, with six chosen for their own billboard in April. The winners will be announced and billboards will go up during National Volunteer Week.
“We had this idea at the start of the year, but weren’t sure we could make it happen,” said Martinez. “Fortunately Avery Brothers loved the idea of celebrating volunteers and generously agreed to provide the billboards. After that, the rest fell into place quickly.”
Any volunteer for any organization can be nominated, but only through the contest website. Nominations and votes will be accepted through March 31. For more information about VolunteerSiouxland or the billboard contest, contact Ryan Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VolunteerSiouxland wants to recognize the amazing volunteers in our community! You’re just a few steps away from nominating someone (maybe even yourself) to be displayed on our upcoming billboards!
1. Tell us a little bit about you/your nominee and what makes them such a great volunteer.
2. Upload and caption a photo you have permission to use (a “volunteer in action” picture would be great, but you choose).
3. Submit, share and rock the vote! The top 12 vote recipients will make it to the final selection – so every vote counts.
4. Create a FREE user account at volunteersiouxland.org by March 31, 2018. This is required for this submission to be considered for the final billboards.
Voting begins March 12, 2018
Voting ends March 31, 2018 at 11:59 PM
HOW YOU CAN PARTICIPATE / HELP:
1. Nominate yourself because you're a great volunteer.
2. Nominate volunteer(s) that you know do good for our community.
3. Make social posts on your Facebook / Twitter / LinkedIn to help get the word out about the contest.
4. Include in email blasts your organizations sends weekly / monthly to encourage people to nominate and vote.
HELPFUL HINTS AFTER NOMINATING A VOLUNTEER:
1. Don't be shy to share your link more than once. Share it on your profile(s) once per day!
2. Use multiple ways to communicate. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, email, text, etc.
3. When sharing your link, give your audience a reason on why they are voting for your submission. A little bit can go a long ways!