100-Year Celebration at Northwest AEA
The building at 1520 Morningside Avenue in Sioux City was built in 1917 by architects Beuttler and Arnold. It originally served as East Junior from 1917 until 1973 when the school moved to another Morningside location. Thousands of students from the Morningside-area of Sioux City were educated in the original building.
The former Western Hills AEA began operations in the building in 1975. Western Hills AEA merged with AEA 4 in Sioux Center in 2006 to become Northwest AEA, which now serves 10 counties, 35 school districts and approximately 45,000 children.