Are you looking for a job where you can make a difference every day?
While most people only know us for convenient donation centers and affordable thrift stores, we are so much more. Reselling the gently used items your community donates, Goodwill not only prevents millions of pounds of goods from entering the landfill but the proceeds from each sale helps to create jobs and training programs that help people develop their skills.
As the Operations Manager, you will work in an exciting and fast-paced atmosphere managing and guiding our truck drivers and warehouse staff. With your direction, staff will ensure efficient production and workflow while maintaining compliance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
Working for Goodwill of the Great Plains you enter a fun and caring organization that touches many lives. No matter where you work in our organization, our entire team plays a role in delivering our mission, working alongside, and helping encourage those with barriers to grow.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for supervising Baler area staff and functions
- Responsible for loading broker trucks and completing corresponding paperwork
- Assist with staff concerns, interviews, hires, trainings and evaluating all employees in area of responsibility, in conjunction with the Director of Operations
- Schedules transportation routes, deliveries, and pick-ups
- Maintains operational, employee and mechanical compliance with all local, state, and federal transportation guidelines, rules, and regulations
- Oversee the loading and unloading of incoming and outgoing materials in the plant and all warehouses
- Performs forklift training for all operators, maintain records and scheduled maintenance for all the forklifts
- Serve as a liaison with store management to ensure their needs are met, i.e. donated goods, supplies, etc.
- High school graduate/GED
- Minimum of two years successful work experience in related activities
- Two years of successful supervisory experience
- Must have a good understanding of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must have acceptable criminal and DMV background check
- Must be able to achieve certification as a Forklift Trainer
EOE- Goodwill of the Great Plains provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.